I've noticed you like saying "all that" in this thread recently.

I wonder if you're negatively stimulated in response more to the hype about Nolan than about his supposed qualities (or detractions) as a director? He may not be "all that" *fingers snap*, but he made a few movies I liked.

Not to delegitimize your emotions, but I must admit there is currency here. The obnoxiously loud Nolan=Kubrick, Nolan=Spielberg comparisons are either ignorantly daft or just the usual mass fanboy nation simultaneous jerk off. But we can't be victims of noise as they are.

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
INCEPTION is number 3 on imdb.com already with a average of 9.1 and even Toy Story 3 is in the top 10 wink

With more votes in, both will fall way way way down. That's what happened to DARK KNIGHT, and any new highly praised/popular movie initially for that matter.

Incidentally, INCEPTION and TOY STORY 3 are the only mainstream mass-release American movies I've seen in the last 3 months that I would actually consider worth watching. I might have added IRON MAN 2 too at one point, but that one quickly fades in memory to the point of watchable irrelevance. Like most television.

How is my pretentious prose?

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 07/29/10 09:34 PM.