Originally Posted By: Lilo
A league insider who is African-American explained that Gilbert actually did James a favor by attacking him in a personal way.

Sports Illustrated Column

No offense, Lilo, but playing the race card is fucking ridiculous. And in this case, quite offensive to the white fans, like myself, who plunk down hundreds of dollars for NBA tickets, year after year.

82% of the league is black, and that percentage will only increase with time. So if a white owner takes a shot at a player, there's an EIGHTY TWO PERCENT CHANCE that player will be black. Pretty good odds, wouldn't you say?

Yes, Gilbert did cede the high ground, and I agree with you, he should have handled it differently. But making this a racial issue is just fucking ridiculous. Why not just bring out "Reverend Al" or "Reverend" Jesse to remind us that the half a BILLION dollars that Lebron will likely make in his career is actually just a slave wage? rolleyes

So to the "African American League Insider," Shame on you for being a race baiter mad.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.