Back in March, I posted a prayer request for my friend Amanda, who was in the terminal stages of a 9 month battle with Lymphoma Cancer, and I want to take the time to thank Mig and Sicilian Babe for the words they offered me in my time of grief...Mig, Sb, your prayers and kind words were truly a source of comfort to me in my hours of need, and I want you to know that I received news of Amanda's passing just a few hours after your messages that morning, shortly after my parents arrived to say goodbye to her one last time in her Dallas hospital room.

Originally a Boston girl, she grew up in Texas and is buried on a little hillside overlooking the road her family takes into town every day...I loved Amanda very, very much, she had an amazing energy about her and always lit up any room she was in. I pray that some part of her wonderful spirit and energy that she shared with me will forever live in my heart, and that I may always remember her (and us) for who we were, and not what time has made of us...if that makes sense.

And of course, I want to thank you ALL for listening, and for everything you all do around here to help make this board a great place for us to come together to laugh, cry, discuss, and spend part of our lives with one another each day. smile I just ask that you'll pray for Amanda's soul, and for those of us who now have to somehow live out the rest of our days without her.

But I seek solace in the words of those that have gone before us, like the last words of a soldier on the battlefield:

"Do not mourn me dead, for think I am gone, and wait for me, for we shall meet again."

God Bless you, sweetie. Love you always.

Amanda Michelle Valadez 1982-2010