Some of these closings are a sign of the times, don't you think? Reader's Digest has been around forever, but with modern technology (i.e. internet)people get their info on-line. I use to subscribe the the daily newspaper until a number of years ago when I got a computer. ohwell I use to buy the tv guide weekly until cable tv showed all the listings.

Oh, and remember when getting a job at a post office would be more or less a guaranteed good job with great benefits? Even more "ancient" sounding, I have a cousin who retired from the phone company a few years back. She was a telephone operater for 30 years. Another dying profession.

Truth is, some of these jobs simply won't be back and/or if they stay around they'll be downsized considerably, all in the name of progress I guess. Times they are a-changing.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon