Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Was coming home from my folks, and there are a lot of Senior Citizen complexes in the area. Approaching the traffic light there were 3 cars in the left lane, and none in the right, so of course I went into the right lane to pass the ol' farts because after the light it merges into one lane. Nothing worse than getting stuck behind some grey-haired driver doing 40 in a 50mph zone.

At the red light, I look over and see an old couple -- like, really old. I was happy not to have gotten stuck behind them. Until the light changed. A very slight hesitation on both sides, and then the pedals hit the floor. (I was a bit shocked WHEN HE FLOORED IT, TOO!) eek

His top-of-the-line Toyota's 0-60 is apparently much better than my Civic's, and it's not like I didn't try. blush And yes, we both reached 60mph. lol

Part of me can't wait until I'm old and decrepit-looking and still drive like this. I gotta mind-fuck everyone else like this gentleman did to me today. I hope in his rearview mirror he saw me smile and wave in awe. grin

PS - I will need a better car, tho. lol

must have been pizzaboy that beat you lol