Report: Lee trade to Yankees is off ohwell
Quote:
The all-but-confirmed trade that would have sent Mariners lefty Cliff Lee to the Yankees for a top catching prospect, among others, appears to have hit a snag, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported Friday afternoon.

"To repeat the Yankees aren't getting Cliff Lee, Mariners concerned about David Adams ankle plus apparently another team has jumped in hard," Sherman said on his Twitter feed.

ESPN's Buster Olney, citing sources, said the talks stalled over the second player in the deal, previously reported to be second baseman David Adams.

Early Friday, Sherman reported that the Mariners and Yankees had agreed in principle to a deal that would send Lee to New York for catcher Jesus Montero. Later reports said Adams and right-hander Zach McAllister would be included in the deal.

Lee will be a free agent after the season. On Thursday, Lee said the Mariners passed on a chance to sign him to a new contract before the season started.

"It's their prerogative to do what they want," Lee said Thursday. "They don't have to do anything they don't want to do. You can't force them to do anything, so, that's it."

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations