This article from USA Today is exactly what I was thinking when I heard he's making the announcement in front of kids from Connecticut.

As the LeBron James guessing game continues, here's a wrinkle that might favor the New York Knicks as his next stop.

ESPN Radio confirmed to the New York Daily News that the network has booked the Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich, Conn., from 7-10 p.m. ET Thursday night. That coincides neatly with the 9 p.m. scheduling of James' announcement about where he'll play next season.

Yes, anywhere in Connecticut isn't far from ESPN headquarters. But Greenwich also is fairly close to the Knicks' training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y.

We don't have a dog in this hunt, but it seems reasonable to guess that if LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland that he would have his one-hour show on ESPN somewhere in the state of Ohio, and play up the hero-stays-home story as much as possible.

Kids in Greenwich aren't exactly going to be programmed to cheer if they hear LeBron saying he's sticking with the Cavaliers, or going to the Heat or Bulls.

Also, for what it's worth:

Phoenix Suns forward Jared Dudley is tweeting that LeBron is on the way to the Knicks, writing:

"Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!