Whoa!!! : Look at me I'm talking RAP!! lol (Geoff, Tupac would be proud) wink

As far as Sinatra, Elvis, the Beatles, and others, yes they all were criticized in the beginning, but still they had singing voices, whether or not you think they are "good" voices is a matter of opinion. I never was much of an Ozzy fan, but I would call him a singer. On Dylan, I see you're point, but he still sang a tune (be it off key or likeable or whatever). Same with Johnny Cash, who's deep voice did sound much like speaking but still I would consider it singing. RAP to me, is rapidly cited poetry (loosely speaking) NOT belting out a tune.

Don't mean to ruffle feathers here, RR, but just as these artists with "good" voices that are mentioned here wouldn't be considered in any RAP thread as having a good rap voice, I just don't think RAP (being just that----Rapping) is singing. ohwell I think it's a category in itself.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon