Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I'm not naive. Of course there are people who will work the system, but I doubt those people had jobs to lose. They probably weren't working to begin with.

I don't know where these freeloaders are, or what kind of people you associate with that you know so very many of them. The people I know who lost their jobs have been devastated. They lost lucrative jobs and haven't been able to find anything close to what they had. Their benefits are long gone, and they work two and three jobs to make ends meet.

My husband's company got rid of 14 people in his dept. and outsourced their jobs. He's kept in touch with his former coworkers. Two of them have found jobs in their fields and are making similar money. The rest haven't been able to find anything close. One is working at Sears, another tried his hand at real estate. These are people who once had technical and/or executive positions with very high salaries.

SB, I wouldn't call you naive, but I am sure that you have had to work before you can collect unemployment which is what they didn't renew the time people could receive.

and to answer your question about what kind of people someof us associate with let me shed some light on that for you, so you know where I may get my information that shape my views on things. Following my father into the family business also took me into many civic groups. After all, you have to give back to your community as my fathers always says.
Great views can be heard from other business owners or managers in Rotary (International)
and then you get to meet so many CEO and goverment divison heads in the Early Morning round table meetings that are held here in our area if you take the time to go. Great place to hear what is happening from the city/state and Federal points of views and the problems they have.
Everything effects our community and our such our business.

Dad has been asked to sit on a number of boards for all types of groups. Church, hospital, civic groups and such. and boy does he like to share what is happening around town. If you listen you can hear common problems every place. No dead beats hanging here.

The people I know who lost their jobs have been devastated. They lost lucrative jobs and haven't been able to find anything close to what they had. Their benefits are long gone, and they work two and three jobs to make ends meet.

All job losts are tuff. They were lucky to have had such a lucrative job once. So many never had such luck and have always had to work three jobs to make ends meet. and I clap them for going out there and finding some way to make ends meet rather then sitting home and saying woe is me! I will just sit here and cry until someone helps me get another top paying job. Everyone should not take for granted what they have, they may be next to lose their way of life.

and I am sure that many Avg, paid hard working people trying to stay afloat will say " WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!