Originally Posted By: olivant
I am surprised at the strident emphasis that some of you posters have placed on people who are receiving unemployment compensation who "wait until that last check arrived to even begin looking for their next job." As SB points out, in an economy with a 9.7% unemployment rate and an even larger underemployment rate and no statistical support for one's negative contentions, I think that some of you simply have an unresolved yet indefinite anger toward something in your life. The current National economic malaise and attempts to compensate for it do not, in a temporal sense, come any where near a "generation." Such statements echo those of some others who believe that all blacks are on welfare or, as Reggie White (the great NFL lineman) stated, Hispanics live 20-30 in a house, or as others have stated, all homos are child-molesters, or Presidrnt Obama gave $2 Billion to Brazil to help George Soros make money. Bring it down a notch.

Please don't be surprised that we feel this way. There are many of us out here that have had enough and are finally speaking up. Even if it makes us seem uncaring. Yes, we care about those people who really need help, are good workers and aren't playing the system for all that it is worth. And I am right there for the guy that really is trying, but enough is enough with the rest of these dead beats. There comes a time where you have had your time and then they got an extension and maybe another, but sooner or later the free ride is over my friend. Except that my friend. How about moving to where the jobs are? Or going to your family members for help or maybe living back with Mom and Dad if needed. Excuses, excuses, excuses there are a million out there for lazy dead beats who are working the system.

And then there are those that think everyone is honest and nothing is wrong and if you don't feel the same way then they must "have an unresolved yet indefinite anger toward something in your life." I don't think so!

Sitting at Rotary on Friday and the table was talking about something similar. How many people will try to get money from PB with this oil spill? How many fake requests, con people and people who will come out of the woodwork for handouts even if there should be no real claim.

Please answer me this before you swear up and down that only good people get the money that they deserve.
What happened to all those billions raised for 9-11 in New York?
and the Billions for Katrina?

then why does 60 mins have so many stories on people and so much fraud?

Why weren't people watching while all this was going on?

Last edited by fathersson; 06/26/10 05:00 PM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!