Originally Posted By: The Iceman
I'm glad the extension of weekly unemployment benefits was killed...I think the weekly benefits for the unemployed just kept those people from looking for work, now god forbid they'll have to imagine the horror panic

I agree, Iceman. I remember my father being on unemployment and he milked it for every drop he possibly could. Of course, he was well over age
50 at the time and the chances of finding a decent job were slim. I've also seen parents of friends wait until that last check arrived to even begin looking for their next job (the common mantra: "It's my money and I deserve it.").

I am sure that many people out there are actively looking for work while collecting unemployment. What's ashame these days is seeing people become dependent upon it at much younger ages, instead of being willing to work for a bit less or even take on 2 jobs to make ends meet.

From free daycare to housing assistance to seemingly endless unemployment benefits...we have become FAR too dependent upon the gov't (aka TAXPAYER) and it simply has to stop somewhere.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON