GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mike68, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 467 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,948
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #575698
06/17/10 03:34 PM
06/17/10 03:34 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
They may not come close to 2010 expectations, and if some of these nut jobs continue with their ranting Obama may hold them off in 2012.

Nutjobs, you say DT?
Why whatever do you mean? whistle

Tea Party-backed candidate Bill Randall, who is vying to capture North Carolina's 13th district U.S. House seat, recently speculated that there may have been "some sort of collusion" between the government and BP that may have caused the massive oil spill continuing to plague the Gulf Coast.

"Personally, and this is purely speculative on my part and not based on any fact, but personally I feel there is a possibility that there was some sort of collusion," Randall said at a press conference Tuesday. "I don't know how or why, but in that situation, if you have someone from a company violating a safety process and the government signing off on it, excuse me, maybe they wanted it to leak."

Bill Randall: Tea Party Certified Nut

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575699
06/17/10 03:35 PM
06/17/10 03:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I think the Republican nominee for 2012 has yet to reveal him(her)self...

This isn't revealing? whistle

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575700
06/17/10 03:36 PM
06/17/10 03:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Yikes, PB!!

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575706
06/17/10 08:14 PM
06/17/10 08:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Several times today I saw and heard Joe Barton's apology to BP. God, how stupid can an elected official be? Well, Barton answered that question. On the other hand, the GOP leadership illustrated a steep learning curve by forcing Barton to retract his apology.

Last edited by olivant; 06/17/10 08:15 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #575726
06/18/10 09:53 AM
06/18/10 09:53 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I think the Republican nominee for 2012 has yet to reveal him(her)self...

This isn't revealing? whistle

This is before her boob (pardon the pun) job.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #575869
06/21/10 11:19 AM
06/21/10 11:19 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
WASHINGTON — Failed conservative Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork is joining anti-abortion activists to publicly oppose confirming Elena Kagan as a justice.

Bork plans to detail his criticisms of Kagan during a Wednesday news conference organized by Americans United for Life. The group calls itself the country's first national pro-life organization, and brands Kagan a pro-abortion activist.

Bork was nominated in 1987 by then-President Ronald Reagan to serve on the high court, but the Senate rejected him after an intensely partisan debate.

Kagan is President Barack Obama's choice to succeed retiring Justice John Paul Stevens. Hearings on her confirmation begin next week.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575881
06/21/10 01:38 PM
06/21/10 01:38 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

So if Bork prevails the headline can read "Bork Borks Kagan."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #575890
06/21/10 02:58 PM
06/21/10 02:58 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
So if Bork prevails the headline can read "Bork Borks Kagan."

"Bork Borks Kagan"
That's not really an image that I want rolling around my brain. sick lol

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575894
06/21/10 03:15 PM
06/21/10 03:15 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
has anybody heard about the 'kill off' switch over the internet? obama got this idea from communist china.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #575899
06/21/10 03:22 PM
06/21/10 03:22 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
has anybody heard about the 'kill off' switch over the internet? obama got this idea from communist china.

Huh?

Thought that hd something to do with the oil spill.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #575900
06/21/10 03:23 PM
06/21/10 03:23 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

I heard of a Lieberman bill suggesting such a thing but I did not do the research yet to see what the Administration's position is but I can guess... panic

Kill Switch

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575905
06/21/10 04:41 PM
06/21/10 04:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Rahm will quit Obama post: report

Charle Hurt, NY Post

WASHINGTON -- White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is expected to quit as soon as this year because he's fed up with the "idealism" of President Obama's inner circle, a British newspaper reported early today.

"I would bet he will go after the midterms," a Democratic consultant told the Telegraph. "Nobody thinks it's working, but they can't get rid of him -- that would look awful."

The consultant added that Emanuel is trying to line up the right job offer to explain his departure, but "the consensus is he'll go."

Speculation in Washington has been building for months about divisions between Emanuel and other Obama confidantes.

Emanuel, who has more experience on Capitol Hill than anybody in the White House, has embraced tough tactics balanced by realistic compromise.

But others in the administration have urged the use of the president's soaring oratory to break through the gridlock to win major victories in their agenda.

Both strategies have largely failed, leaving Obama with only half the health-care initiative he wanted, ballooning debt, and a record-low approval ratings.

Emanuel, whose bare-knuckle politics earned him the nickname "Rhambo" when he worked in the Clinton White House, is expected to step down in six to eight months, the paper said.

Despite his good relationship with Obama, Emanuel and the president have come to an understanding that their starkly different styles don't work together, sources said.

Their closest advisers are known to have clashed -- including butting heads over health-care reform -- and Emanuel's rough style has caused friction.

"Democrats have not stood behind the president in the way Republicans did for George W. Bush, and that was meant to be Rahm's job," the consultant told the Telegraph.

In response to the report, a senior White House official told Fox News Channel the "ludicrous" story was "not worth looking into."

churt@nypost.com

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575907
06/21/10 04:46 PM
06/21/10 04:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

I heard of a Lieberman bill suggesting such a thing but I did not do the research yet to see what the Administration's position is but I can guess... panic

Kill Switch

For those who don't want to check out the link:

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The federal government would have “absolute power” to shut down the Internet under the terms of a new US Senate bill being pushed by Joe Lieberman, legislation which would hand President Obama a figurative “kill switch” to seize control of the world wide web in response to a Homeland Security directive.

Lieberman has been pushing for government regulation of the Internet for years under the guise of cybersecurity, but this new bill goes even further in handing emergency powers over to the feds which could be used to silence free speech under the pretext of a national emergency.

“The legislation says that companies such as broadband providers, search engines or software firms that the US Government selects “shall immediately comply with any emergency measure or action developed” by the Department of Homeland Security. Anyone failing to comply would be fined,”

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #575909
06/21/10 04:52 PM
06/21/10 04:52 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Not for nothing, but if Dubya or Cheney pulled this shit, the left would be out for blood. And Biden is a jerk. I'm sorry I voted for that asshole (but he came with Obama, so I didn't really have much of a choice).

Now I'm not saying they're wrong here, but it would be nice if they could just fess up and admit that Homeland Security is a lot more difficult a job than they were willing to give Dubya credit for attending to.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #575922
06/21/10 07:33 PM
06/21/10 07:33 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Where's the love? Olbermann and Dailykos part ways over KO's criticism of Obama speech.

Check Please

Wow. What a slam!

For years, from the Katrina days onward, whenever I stuck my neck out, I usually visited here as the cliched guy in the desert stopping by the oasis. I never got universal support, and never expected it, nor wanted it (who wants an automatic "Yes" machine?). But I used to read a lot about how people here would 'always have my back' and trust me this was of palpable value as I fought opponents external and internal who try to knock me and Rachel off the air, all the time, in ways you can imagine and others you can't.

Now I get to read how we pre-planned our anger because 'beating up on the President has been good for ratings'.

If I can understand people's frustration with seeing a speech by a Democratic president criticized in a venue such as mine, why is it impossible for some people here to accept my frustration about the speech? You don't agree with me, fine. You don't want to watch because you don't agree with me, fine. But to accuse me, after five years of risking what I have to present the truth as I see it, of staging something for effect, is deeply offensive to me and is an indication of what has happened here.

You want Cheerleaders? Hire the Buffalo Jills. You want diaries with conspiracy theories, go nuts. If you want this site the way it was even a year ago, let me know and I'll be back.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #575923
06/21/10 07:44 PM
06/21/10 07:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Where's the love? Olbermann and Dailykos part ways over KO's criticism of Obama speech.

Modern day censorship, and from so-called Liberals!

They should be ashamed of themselves. I don't even like Olbermann, but he's a Company Man (the Company being the Far, Far Left Machine).

It's not so much this administration I'm disappointed in as the hangers-on. A bunch of leaches, phonies and gutless yes-men.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #575955
06/22/10 10:16 AM
06/22/10 10:16 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Who's your Daddy, McChrystal???

The new Rolling Stone article about Gen. Stanley McChrystal is the screaming must-read of the morning and it has Obama administration officials stunned. (The issue hits newsstands later this week, but you can read excerpts HERE.)

• In the story, one top McChrystal adviser refers to Vice President Biden as “Bite Me.”

• A McChrystal adviser says that in his first meeting with the general, President Obama “clearly didn’t know anything about him, who he was. Here’s the guy who’s going to run his f---ing war, but he didn’t seem very engaged. The Boss was pretty disappointed.”

• Another aide calls National Security Adviser Gen. James Jones (ret.) a “clown … stuck in 1985.”

• McChrystal says he felt “betrayed” by the leak of a cable from US Ambassador to Afghanistan Gen. Karl Eikenberry (ret.) describing Afghan President Hamid Karzai as “not an adequate strategic partner.” Says McChrystal: “I like Karl, I’ve known him for years, but they’d never said anything like that to us before. Here’s one that covers his flank for the history books. Now if we fail, they can say, ‘I told you so.’”

Working the phones early this am, I found administration officials bothered and bewildered by the article. How could McChrystal do this? Why would he do it?

No one yet was ready to say President Obama would fire McChrystal – it’s probably not the right time for that – but they didn’t hide their anger, making it clear that McChrystal is being ordered back to Washington to hear it from Obama himself.

A tough meeting is likely, reminiscent of the first time Obama ordered McChrystal to the woodshed – last October after the General appeared to diss Vice President Biden and limit the President’s ability to make a decision in a London speech.

Expect a full grovel from McChrystal – he’s already working the phones – once he gets to the White House.

Link

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #576022
06/23/10 01:54 PM
06/23/10 01:54 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
McChrystal is out. Petraeus is in.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #576023
06/23/10 02:09 PM
06/23/10 02:09 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Sounds like different brands of Scotch. wink

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #576026
06/23/10 02:49 PM
06/23/10 02:49 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

McChrystal: Repeat after me.....In the United States we have civilian rule. The president is YOUR commander in chief.

Personally I think this happened as a result of the volcano in Iceland. Apparently McChrystal and his people along with a group of Rolling Stone writers were stuck in France in a hotel someplace. My guess is after a few days of boredom, someone got the bright idea to hang out at the hotel bar, whcer one drink led to another and people began running their mouths.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #576032
06/23/10 03:54 PM
06/23/10 03:54 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Patton to MacArthur: "I guess McChrystal didn't see our movies."

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #576033
06/23/10 04:13 PM
06/23/10 04:13 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Sounds like different brands of Scotch. wink

McChrystal has an harsh attack and slightly bitter aftertaste. It doesn't go down easy and too much can quickly have you babbling out family secrets in public. It looks more expensive than it is as its nice package has fooled a lot of people. Not recomended for the newbie to fine Scotch.

Petraeus has a smooth rounded initial entry and a smoky enduring finish. Only the man or woman of distinction should try this Scotch as its finer qualities might be wasted on the more plebeian. It has good marketing and fine consistency which is why it's the first choice of those who want the best.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #576117
06/24/10 10:51 PM
06/24/10 10:51 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By ANDREW TAYLOR updated 1 hour, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Republicans on Thursday defeated Democrats' showcase election-year jobs bill, including an extension of weekly unemployment benefits for millions of people out of work more than six months.

The 57-41 vote fell three votes short of the 60 required to crack a GOP filibuster, delivering a major blow to President Barack Obama and Democrats facing big losses of House and Senate seats in the fall election.

The rejected bill would have provided $16 billion in new aid to states, preserving the jobs of thousands of state and local government workers and providing what White House officials called an insurance policy against a double-dip recession. It included dozens of tax breaks sought by business lobbyists and tax increases on domestically produced oil and on investment fund managers.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #576153
06/25/10 10:38 PM
06/25/10 10:38 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I'm glad the extension of weekly unemployment benefits was killed. Course lets be correct in one thing democrats control congress. But of course Obama and his democrat cronies in the media will spin this all around to say it's those nasty republicans. Enough of that it's a good thing one thing our deficit was and has been spinning out of control, yeah Bush didn't help that situation at all, and I can remember democrats having a hissy fit over the deficit while he was in the WH, now that it's a democrat in the WH it's a ok to raise the deficit. rolleyes

But either way I think the weekly benefits for the unemployed just kept those people from looking for work, now god forbid they'll have to imagine the horror panic

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: The Iceman] #576158
06/26/10 09:42 AM
06/26/10 09:42 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: The Iceman
I'm glad the extension of weekly unemployment benefits was killed...I think the weekly benefits for the unemployed just kept those people from looking for work, now god forbid they'll have to imagine the horror panic

I agree, Iceman. I remember my father being on unemployment and he milked it for every drop he possibly could. Of course, he was well over age
50 at the time and the chances of finding a decent job were slim. I've also seen parents of friends wait until that last check arrived to even begin looking for their next job (the common mantra: "It's my money and I deserve it.").

I am sure that many people out there are actively looking for work while collecting unemployment. What's ashame these days is seeing people become dependent upon it at much younger ages, instead of being willing to work for a bit less or even take on 2 jobs to make ends meet.

From free daycare to housing assistance to seemingly endless unemployment benefits...we have become FAR too dependent upon the gov't (aka TAXPAYER) and it simply has to stop somewhere.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: AppleOnYa] #576159
06/26/10 09:50 AM
06/26/10 09:50 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Those pesky unemployed! How dare they expect their benefits extended?? Just because the company they worked for closed or had to make cutbacks, I bet you're right. And the highest unemployment in decades? That's no reason for them not to have found work already.

They're probably sitting around luxuriating on their $420 a week. Rent, food, utilities, COBRA payments for healthcare, all so easy on that generous amount! You can support a family EASILY on that, so what's their motivation?? Let them eat cake!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #576161
06/26/10 10:26 AM
06/26/10 10:26 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Nice try...but sadly, many people are willing to live on that $420 per week for as long as they possibly can, not all having a family to support. Circumstances vary and you cannot lump all collectors into a particular category.

Unemployment benefits was implemented as temporary relief until the next job is found...which granted, is not always easy but still, it cannot be depended upon as income for an indefinite period. The problem with extension after extension after extension is you gradually create a generation that DOES intend to live on that check and DOES take away motivation to look for work.

Oh, and 'company closings' / 'cutbacks'?? Just WAIT until Obama lets the Bush tax cuts expire next year (which is what is expected). You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #576163
06/26/10 11:02 AM
06/26/10 11:02 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Those pesky unemployed! How dare they expect their benefits extended?? Just because the company they worked for closed or had to make cutbacks, I bet you're right. And the highest unemployment in decades? That's no reason for them not to have found work already.

They're probably sitting around luxuriating on their $420 a week. Rent, food, utilities, COBRA payments for healthcare, all so easy on that generous amount! You can support a family EASILY on that, so what's their motivation?? Let them eat cake!

You know I don't care if its $420.00 or even $40.00. There is a limit to every benefit.

Where in the world does it say that someone should be able to make a all inclusive living off being on unemployment ? or welfare? or social security? They are supplements in most cases.

Hey, I know it hurts and can be unsettling when you lose a job, but nothing changes unless you make it change. So many do relax and take a check, look around half heartily and make excuses that there is nothing around. Come on we all know these people...
These people think that it is more like vacation pay for crying out loud. "I will just take a month or two off before I start looking" Or "I'll take the summer off and start looking in the fall".

Most people know that things are not good at their jobs long before that slip comes. Do they cut back on things, or look around just in case things turn sour? No way it is always the damn boss or that money hungry company at fault. Yet isn't it the company that pays into the unemployment system to fund the system? No it doesn't come out of a workers pay check.

Then you get the jerks who say, yes it is MY RIGHT to have it. I worked so the company has to fund it and I get to collect it. Ok, but get off your ass and find another job, even if it is less then your last job! Instead you hear, I am sure that they will extend those checks because so many people are out of work...so I'll worry about it when the checks run out!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: fathersson] #576165
06/26/10 11:48 AM
06/26/10 11:48 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I am surprised at the strident emphasis that some of you posters have placed on people who are receiving unemployment compensation who "wait until that last check arrived to even begin looking for their next job." As SB points out, in an economy with a 9.7% unemployment rate and an even larger underemployment rate and no statistical support for one's negative contentions, I think that some of you simply have an unresolved yet indefinite anger toward something in your life. The current National economic malaise and attempts to compensate for it do not, in a temporal sense, come any where near a "generation." Such statements echo those of some others who believe that all blacks are on welfare or, as Reggie White (the great NFL lineman) stated, Hispanics live 20-30 in a house, or as others have stated, all homos are child-molesters, or Presidrnt Obama gave $2 Billion to Brazil to help George Soros make money. Bring it down a notch.

Last edited by olivant; 06/26/10 02:03 PM.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: AppleOnYa] #576175
06/26/10 02:35 PM
06/26/10 02:35 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: The Iceman
I'm glad the extension of weekly unemployment benefits was killed...I think the weekly benefits for the unemployed just kept those people from looking for work, now god forbid they'll have to imagine the horror panic

I agree, Iceman. I remember my father being on unemployment and he milked it for every drop he possibly could. Of course, he was well over age
50 at the time and the chances of finding a decent job were slim. I've also seen parents of friends wait until that last check arrived to even begin looking for their next job (the common mantra: "It's my money and I deserve it.").

I am sure that many people out there are actively looking for work while collecting unemployment. What's ashame these days is seeing people become dependent upon it at much younger ages, instead of being willing to work for a bit less or even take on 2 jobs to make ends meet.

From free daycare to housing assistance to seemingly endless unemployment benefits...we have become FAR too dependent upon the gov't (aka TAXPAYER) and it simply has to stop somewhere.

you do know that finding jobs isn't easy, and if somebody has a degree in college they are over qualified for fast food. yea some people do milk it, but others don't.

Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull