Originally Posted By: Rebelchick
A mosque? At Ground Zero? Not a good idea! That, I think would be a slap in the face to the families, survivors of 9/11 and the nation in my opinion. That idea is in very bad taste!

Hi Rebel, welcome to our boards. Sometimes a newbie hits it right on the head, as you just did smile.

While the construction of the Mosque is certainly withing the legal rights of the builders, it's just in very bad taste. Especially the target date for their "Grand Opening," September 11th, 2011. The ten year anniversary of the tragedy at Ground Zero.

So I say let them build a nice big Mosque in lower Manhattan. Hell, help them fund an inner city outreach program, which teaches the acceptance of cultural differences. As a New Yorker, I'm all for that. This is the biggest melting pot in the world, after all. We've all been getting along very well for the last hundred years or so, and we do better with each passing year. This is the most open minded city in the entire country (not counting L.A., they're just weird tongue grin ).

So build it. Use my tax dollars to help teach tolerance. But build it away from Ground Zero. Please.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.