yes Capo I agree that 'off-field manners' and 'commitment' are vital to a team's success, but the thing is Brazil didn't find the right middle term between Germany 2006' total mess and this year's massive worrying with everything other than soccer.

I find it impressive that Dunga doesn't care to have one single talent waiting on the bench to try to turn a game upside down. if Brazil's losing 1-0 in the quarterfinals with 15 minutes to go, Julio Baptista and Grafite will be the guys with the task to step up and make a comeback. I'd rather have Ronaldinho or Pato or Neymar.

I just don't see what you mean with "by no means conservative work ethic"... Dunga is the most conservative guy in the world. he is ALWAYS bragging about discipline and "commitment", - that word is gaining joke status here - he likes military and even questioned media guys that they shouldn't give opinions on apartheid because they weren't there so they don't know if it was good or bad!

anyway, he loses himself when he goes on bragging about things he doesn't know. of course he knows everything about soccer and especially about the World Cup (it's his fourth), his team is steamrolling ever since he took over, winning Copa America, Confederations Cup and beating Portugal, Italy and Argentina - this one several times. on the other hand he lost the Olympics, played poorly until Copa America final when he found his magic 'counter-attack' approach and even the Confederations Cup win was a heartbeat. there were a few 0-0 home games against shitty teams like Bolivia and Colombia when you just couldn't keep awake during the game and many many times our goalkeeper Julio Cesar has left a game as the hero. in short, Brazil's the favorite, but that's not going to be a very good to watch team.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk