If Barry is match-fit, I'd certainly play him, which would allow both Gerrard and Lampard to head further up the pitch, which they like doing. I'd even play Gerrard (and Joe Cole for that matter) as a second striker working off Rooney. Essentially, against more industrious teams, I'd play a 4-5-1, otherwise by the quarters, should we get there, our midfield will once again be fucked, and we'll be relying on individual great performances from the likes of Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney, which win might impress everyone watching but don't help us avoid fatal penalty shoot-outs.

As for Brazil and Ronaldinho's absence... Dunga's built his team around a a careful but by no means conservative work ethic into which Ronaldinho doesn't fit. For all the 'raw talent' he may have, if he doesn't fit into Dunga's chosen formation very well, and hasn't had the best of 'off-field manners' or 'commitment' in the qualifying campaign (two things vital to any dressing room vibe going into a month-long tournament against the best teams in the world), I can't think of any reason to take him. It's a bold decision certainly, but only because it goes against media pressure - I only wish we'd had that kind of manager in previous tournaments.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?