PP, I talked about Quran itself, not any hadith or saying and teaching of Mullahs. Muslims claim the book has not been tampered with. There's only one copy, not a single word has been replaced. Have you read it all? Did you have to read it and get good marks so that you can get into the college? My guess is that you didn't have to, and I had to. Not all of, but enough to see what's it about. The delightful highlights. Hadiths are joke books at best. Again I emphasis that I talk about the so called words of God.

As for people thinking ill of Muslims, I know there's that prejudice. I agree it is wrong, and I wasn't discussing that point.

But in the very text of Quran, life of a woman is worth half of a man if she is killed and one is obligated to pay ransom. Her testimony is worth half of a man. A man can marry four women as long as he keeps the relationships fair and balanced, except for the prophet Mohammad who has given cart Blanche on that issue, who even married a girl of age six and had sex with her when she turned nine. Then there's also a verse in Quran referring to him actually marrying the wife of his step son, and the case was that he saw her without burka and fell in love with her and the dutiful son divorced her to let him marry the girl. After which there came a Hijab verse, so that all Muslim women should cover themselves from men who are not their relatives. Also women get half of a share of what a man gets as inheritance. A wife gets only 1/8 of his husbands belonging after his death, as the husband would get 1/4 of her belonging if there are children involved. Should I go on? Oh, I nearly forgot the prize winner of woman's right crazies! A woman has no right to divorce her husband once she marries him, unless she proves he makes her life miserable, the conditions being very restrict; but the husband has the right to divorce her if he decides so. No questions asked. THESE ARE IN QURAN. Actual verses.

I think Muslims are either in denial or don't want to admit that some of them are not really acting according to the book. They've been sugar quoting it and taking what they wanted and dismiss the rest. Eventually, that's what should happen, but I think you should know that crazies are in there, ticking like a time-bomb.

Also unlike any other religion, Islam has orders to handle the society, thus making it a ruling agenda, rather than just a personal issue of faith. Who would see to it that women get screwed over otherwise? Or that inheritance be divided as it's been directed by the holy book if not the government? The holy Islamic government?

And as for Azan, that's infringement of my right to sleep early in the morning. I don't have to deal with it. In an ideal society I should be able to call the police to deal with them and make them shut the heck up.

By no means I'm offended. I suppose I don't have a religion anymore. Hard to offend me now. grin

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones