Not to disagree with the point you are trying to make pp, what you say is right and what's the US is all about. BUT, from one born Muslim to another, how can you compare Azan to the Church bells?

Many Churches don't have them anymore. If they still have them, how many times a day or more accurately how many times a year they chime? Is it 3-5 times a day, including once every wee hours of the morning when most people are asleep? Now I'm not sure if they let the Mosques do that in the US, my guess is that they wouldn't. But that's why I hate Mosques.

Now as getting education on Islam, I don't think you got one better than I did and let's just say the amount of crazies you get from the Quran itself, is quite appalling. You can deny it all you want, or say it was specifically for a period of time that it came, or that it doesn't apply in today's world, but let's face it, it is there and people can rightfully take it literally, as it is to some extent in Gospel, Torah, etc. Not to mention the glorious woman's rights content that I wouldn't want to be treated according to that.

So, let's just cut the bull about getting to know Islam. Islam has to go through reform and then I'm not sure why we need religion at all if we start acting more rationally, as this religion is every bit irrational as the next one out there.

That all being said, I suppose you should be free to practice whatever religion you want as long as you don't commit any crimes or infringe upon others' rights. Worst case scenario, it is like contemplating murder and not actually committing it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones