I believe this mosque should be built. If it meets the zoning codes, if they get their building permits, if it's all legal and aboveboard, then build it. I wouldn't want it stopped, because you can't. It's too dangerous a precedent to set.

Of course there is a prejudice against Muslims. Why? Because September 11th, the Christmas Day bomber (who thankfully only succeeded in setting fire to his twig and berries), the Times Square Bomber, they've all been Muslim Extremists. Unfortunately, the millions of law-abiding Muslims get painted with that brush. Is that right? Hell, no. Is it somewhat inevitable? I'm afraid so. Do I agree with it? No. Do I still feel it? At times, I will admit that I do. Do I like that about myself? No. Will I try to change that about myself? Yes. Will I succeed? Don't know.

However, don't ever make the mistake of thinking that my grief and anger regarding that day was fueled by the media. I smelled the stench. I've helped comfort the survivors and the families of those lost. My anger and grief didn't need any fuel.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club