It is an odd thing.

Most of the Christian Churches in Europe were built on sites that were previously "pagan" (mostly Roman and Greek) places of worship. In the middle east the Christians have placed churches on the sites of former mosques, and of course in Israel the muslims built the dome of the rock on land the jews claim as theirs (supposedly the spot where Abraham almost sacrificed Isaac).

My point is that it is nothing new to see one religion build in an improbable place, and anathema that it is, a mosque near the 9/11 site is nothing new in history.

My heart and gut tell me this is totally inappropriate, but just maybe it can serve to heal, but only if the Muslims undergo a Reformation much as the Christians did, and renounce all the crazies. I am still waiting for a fatwah AGAINST 9/11 and all these suicide bombings, and until I see more than one my bad attitude is not going to change.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."