Ok, here's the actual dialogue from transcript:

MICHAEL: I asked about FREDO.

TOM: Uh, I think he got out - he must be somewhere in New York.

MICHAEL: Alright - I want you to get in touch with him. I know he's scared, tell him everything's all right. Tell him I know ROTH misled him and he didn't know they were planing to kill me.

That indicates Tom is guessing that Fredo may have fled to NY - because again, where else would he go?!? Other than Nevada it was the only home he knew and had neither the brains nor the finances to get anywhere else. What possible reason would Tom have to 'cover up' for or protect him by claiming he didn't know where Fredo was?

Michael's answer indicates that wherever Fredo turned up, assuming as they did that he made it out of Cuba...then Tom was to find him and give him that message. End of story.

And sure, we can agree to disagree, it's all 'interpretation', etc.

But if I feel someone's interpretation is wrong, I'll let them know. It's business, not personal. That's all I'm saying... smile

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 05/17/10 01:24 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON