This is a more interesting question than it appears to be. Connie did cover up for Carlo, and she even was furious at Michael for killing him. So the question is "Why?"

Michael tells Carlo that he knows he set Sonny up for the assassination on Barzini's behalf, but how did they plan it?

Connie got slapped around all the time, but this time she decided to call "home" to announce that Carlo was at it again.
Since she called her mother, who believed in "don't interfere" when it comes to husband and wife disputes, who happened to have a screaming baby in her arms, and happened to give the phone to Sonny.

Had Mama handled it she probably would have sent a car to pick Connie up and bring her to the mall, but when Sonny took the phone he ran out of the house to drive into the city without guards.

How did Barzini figure out this would happen? How was it he had shooters stationed at the toll booth? Just in case?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."