Originally Posted By: olivant
WASHINGTON - The Pakistani-American accused of a failed car bombing in Times Square is believed to have worked alone in the United States on the plot almost immediately after returning from a five-month visit to his native land, authorities said Wednesday.

They said they have yet to find a wider link to extremist groups.

Well, now the Obama administration is telling us that the Pakistani Taliban was behind this plot all along.

I credit them for finally uttering the "T" word (terrorism), where the Muslim extremists are concerned. Now I just hope they'll do something about it. Not only will big city residents feel safer, this is a golden opportunity for Obama to win favor with his critics, who think he's blind to terrorist threats on the homefront.

I actually had a Manhattanite friend of mine tell me just yesterday that he actually felt, gasp, safer, under "that moron Bush's watch." And this guy is a lifelong Democrat, who lives on the Upper West Side (statistically the MOST liberal zip code in the entire nation, and that's a fact).

Go get 'em, President Obama! smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.