After working in a school for over 20 years, I can understand certain rules. In my school, like I'm sure all others, certain rules thru the years, had to be created and enforced to coincide with the times.

Students were not allowed to wear any gang colors, or wear their caps backwards; of course no gang related shirts, or clothing with inappropriate language was permitted. These are understandable and it's reasonable to ban them. While the caps themselves, the colors themselves are not "wrong", in total context, when they relate to gangs (or gang activity), it's reasonable.

BUT, to send students home for wearing their country's flag is totally unfair. eek Be it Cinco De Mayo or not, I see absolutely NO reason for these children to be reprimanded, let alone suspended (which I'm guessing won't happen). The parents have good legal case should they want to pursue this if you ask me.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/06/10 04:36 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon