GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 129 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Don Smitty] #571708
04/12/10 09:22 PM
04/12/10 09:22 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Gallop has Obama at only 45 percent now....

I think that's an improvement over previous polls.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: MaryCas] #571725
04/13/10 05:03 AM
04/13/10 05:03 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Polls, schmolls I say. smile
The only ones that count are in November of this year and in 2012.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #571733
04/13/10 09:01 AM
04/13/10 09:01 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Mignon
...How do you know that our elected officials voted with their concience? How do you know that Reid & Pelosi didn't bribe them to get their vote.

Tonight might be your chance to find out.

Frontline on PBS - a 'Behind The Scenes' look at the eventual passage of the healthcare bill.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...source=proglist

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Don Smitty] #571740
04/13/10 10:57 AM
04/13/10 10:57 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
God ... I miss George W.

I'm gonna cipher for ya, Uncle Jed. One and one are two. Two and two are four. Four and four are . . . aaawww . . . Uncle Jed????

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571964
04/16/10 06:39 AM
04/16/10 06:39 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
WASHINGTON (AP)– In a move hailed as a step toward fairness for same-sex couples, President Barack Obama is ordering that nearly all hospitals allow patients to say who has visitation rights and who can help make medical decisions, including gay and lesbian partners.

The White House on Thursday released a statement by Obama instructing his Health and Human Services secretary to draft rules requiring hospitals that receive Medicare and Medicaid payments to grant all patients the right to designate people who can visit and consult with them at crucial moments.

The designated visitors should have the same rights that immediate family members now enjoy, Obama's instructions said. It said Medicare-Medicaid hospitals, which include most of the nation's facilities, may not deny visitation and consultation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
The move was called a major step toward fairness for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans.

"This is a critical step in ending discrimination against LGBT families and ensuring that, in the event of a hospital stay, all Americans have the right to see their loved ones," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

The new rules, Obama said, should "guarantee that all patients' advance directives, such as durable powers of attorney and health care proxies, are respected," and that patients' designees be able to "make informed decisions regarding patients' care."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #571967
04/16/10 07:04 AM
04/16/10 07:04 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It's a step in the right direction.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #572019
04/16/10 02:09 PM
04/16/10 02:09 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
It's a step in the right direction.

I agree!

smile
TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #572236
04/19/10 01:39 PM
04/19/10 01:39 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Any of you guys watched "The Obama Deception" documentary on youtube?

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: whisper] #573263
05/05/10 08:50 AM
05/05/10 08:50 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

NYPD and Feds working well to catch this wanna be terrorist in less than fifty hours and the right wingers are saying we were "lucky." Looks like damn good national security work to me. Cheney and his ilk are probably disapointed.

At least the "drill baby drll" crowd can still try to blame Obama for the oil spill.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #573286
05/05/10 11:38 AM
05/05/10 11:38 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
NYPD and Feds working well to catch this wanna be terrorist in less than fifty hours and the right wingers are saying we were "lucky." Looks like damn good national security work to me. Cheney and his ilk are probably disapointed.

At least the "drill baby drll" crowd can still try to blame Obama for the oil spill.

I think everyone does it to a greater or lesser extent but there's something really off with folks when they try to distort reality by implying that there's something wrong with reading an American citizen his Miranda rights (there are exceptions to this and evidently Shahzad fell under this exception initially) or out and out saying that Obama wanted the oil spill.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #573302
05/05/10 02:55 PM
05/05/10 02:55 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
How many attacks is this under Obama's watch now? Be prepared for more. How many did Bush or Clinton have?Does anyone know?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #573303
05/05/10 03:13 PM
05/05/10 03:13 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
All of us tend to define "terrorist" in line with our own agenda.

But under Bush we had the anthrax letters, the DC snipers, the 2002 attack against the El Al counter in LA, the attempted shoe bomber attack by Richard Reid, and the 2006 UNC attack by Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar who ran down pedestrians on campus in order to avenge what he saw as wrongful killings around the world. And of course we had 9-11...

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #573306
05/05/10 03:25 PM
05/05/10 03:25 PM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline
Capo
VitoC  Offline
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
Originally Posted By: Lilo
All of us tend to define "terrorist" in line with our own agenda.

That's why I never use the word myself (except to quote others or describe what others say), and think it should be retired altogether. Since virtually nobody calls themself a terrorist, it's used exclusively to describe others, making it an inherently highly subjective term. One could certainly make an argument, for example, that George W. Bush was a terrorist.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #573311
05/05/10 04:04 PM
05/05/10 04:04 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

How many attacks is this under Obama's watch now? Be prepared for more. How many did Bush or Clinton have?Does anyone know?

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Clinton had the first World trade center bombing, and also the bombings in the African Embasies and and also the Cole, if you are counting overseas attacks.

Bush had 9/11 on his watch, and somehow made himself out to be a hero for it. He also had the anthrax attacks, and I believe there was something at the LA Airport that they thwarted. There were also the Madrid and London attacks when Bush was president. I think they also thwarted something in the NY subways.

So far there have been no terrorist attacks under Obama. The Times Square thing was a bust, thank God.

Terror is a tactic, and it is stupid to declarw "war" on it. I think the cool handling of this latest incident, and the notion that thousands of people were back in Times Square the next day shows we are not going to allow ourselves to be terrorized. If the preident gets all bellicose whenever one of these things hapens, as McCain and all the righties who I believe are hoping for an attack to work, then terrorism is working. We need to be like Israel. One day they bomb a square, and the next day they clean it up and start using it again.

I think the stepped up activity in Pakistan with drones has been a good strategy, and
may account for the second rate training this last one got.

So overall I believe Obama has done better than Bush. Did I mention 9/11 was on Bush's watch?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #573312
05/05/10 04:06 PM
05/05/10 04:06 PM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline
Capo
VitoC  Offline
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
Terror is a tactic, and it is stupid to declarw "war" on it.

It would be like if Britain and France had declared war on Blitzkrieg in 1939 instead of on Germany.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #573316
05/05/10 06:09 PM
05/05/10 06:09 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

So far there have been no terrorist attacks under Obama's watch

I don't understand how you can say that.
Fort Hood attack and now Times square. Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Fort Hood attacker in cahutes(sp) with terrorists?

as McCain and all the righties who I believe are hoping for an attack to work,

With all due respect DT not all of us righties what an attack to go through. I pray to God that there will never be another one anywhere in the world.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #573325
05/05/10 07:22 PM
05/05/10 07:22 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

I don't understand how you can say that.
Fort Hood attack and now Times square. Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Fort Hood attacker in cahutes(sp) with terrorists?

Unless I'm mistaken, the Ford Hood attacker acted on his own (crazy) initiative. Because he's a Muslim, of course he is in "cahutes" with the terrorists. Did I understand you right Mig?

as McCain and all the righties who I believe are hoping for an attack to work,

With all due respect DT not all of us righties what an attack to go through. I pray to God that there will never be another one anywhere in the world.[/quote]

To be fair DT is only employing the same language the George W. Bush White House used, and technically no foreign* "terrorist" attacks did occur inside our borders during his Presidency.

Nor Obama's so far.

I mean Jesus the Right Wing in general has gone crackers when Glenn Beck comes off the sane one about the Miranda Rights hissy fit. I mean how the hell did that happen?

On a tangent note, notice the Obama Presidency hasn't exactly done much of the "reform" on the whole torture/legality logistics of detainees issue they had claimed they would conduct. Probably because they don't want the possible political whiplash if an attack did indeed happen.

Of course the Left in true partisan spirit haven't made thrown as much of a tantrum about it. Kinda like the Righties did when Dubya became the biggest spending Presidency since LBJ. At least we're bipartisan about something.

*=Exempting that whole Anthrax Scare. Remember?

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #573330
05/05/10 08:28 PM
05/05/10 08:28 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Unless I'm mistaken, the Ford Hood attacker acted on his own (crazy) initiative. Because he's a Muslim, of course he is in "cahutes" with the terrorists. Did I understand you right Mig?

That's why I said please correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #573335
05/05/10 09:43 PM
05/05/10 09:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
msnbc.com news services updated 41 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The Pakistani-American accused of a failed car bombing in Times Square is believed to have worked alone in the United States on the plot almost immediately after returning from a five-month visit to his native land, authorities said Wednesday.

They said they have yet to find a wider link to extremist groups.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #573347
05/06/10 07:32 AM
05/06/10 07:32 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Anyone yet noticed that in both the failed Detroit and Times Square attacks, both bombs were poorly made, amateur hour? In fact the Detroit explosive was so poorly constructed, the terrorist himself apparently accidentally set fire to his crotch when he tried to detonate it.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #573349
05/06/10 09:02 AM
05/06/10 09:02 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

When was the terrorist attack on the olympics in Atlanta? Also I think Oklahoma City was under Clinton's watch.... oh never mind, they were Christians.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #573351
05/06/10 10:29 AM
05/06/10 10:29 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
the terrorist himself apparently accidentally set fire to his crotch when he tried to detonate it.

Too bad he didn't blow himself up.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #573473
05/10/10 04:48 AM
05/10/10 04:48 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Looks like it's going to be Kagan for the SC vacancy.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #573480
05/10/10 08:28 AM
05/10/10 08:28 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

First gay justice? Not sure. I always wondered about Souter.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #573484
05/10/10 09:55 AM
05/10/10 09:55 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

First gay justice? Not sure. I always wondered about Souter.

I dunno. There was a blogger (Salon or Time??) that "outed" her but got heavy pushback from the White House. I don't know much about her other than she is said to have an expansive view of presidential prerogatives and is respected by some conservatives. Glenn Greenwald has evidently written quite a detailed and mostly negative analysis of her which I will read sometime today or tomorrow.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #573488
05/10/10 10:45 AM
05/10/10 10:45 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #573495
05/10/10 12:14 PM
05/10/10 12:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
WASHINGTON - The Pakistani-American accused of a failed car bombing in Times Square is believed to have worked alone in the United States on the plot almost immediately after returning from a five-month visit to his native land, authorities said Wednesday.

They said they have yet to find a wider link to extremist groups.

Well, now the Obama administration is telling us that the Pakistani Taliban was behind this plot all along.

I credit them for finally uttering the "T" word (terrorism), where the Muslim extremists are concerned. Now I just hope they'll do something about it. Not only will big city residents feel safer, this is a golden opportunity for Obama to win favor with his critics, who think he's blind to terrorist threats on the homefront.

I actually had a Manhattanite friend of mine tell me just yesterday that he actually felt, gasp, safer, under "that moron Bush's watch." And this guy is a lifelong Democrat, who lives on the Upper West Side (statistically the MOST liberal zip code in the entire nation, and that's a fact).

Go get 'em, President Obama! smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #573497
05/10/10 12:23 PM
05/10/10 12:23 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I heard Mayor Mike on the radio complaining about the lack of federal support for NYC. He said NYC has 1000 cops assigned to anti-terror, while Chicago has four. Come on BO, how about some $$$$$.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: MaryCas] #573515
05/10/10 04:04 PM
05/10/10 04:04 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I heard Mayor Mike on the radio complaining about the lack of federal support for NYC. He said NYC has 1000 cops assigned to anti-terror, while Chicago has four. Come on BO, how about some $$$$$.

Ask the House of Representatives for the $$$.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #573549
05/11/10 10:13 AM
05/11/10 10:13 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Ask the House of Representatives for the $$$.

Yeah ask the Reps for $$ for NYC. Those yokels probably wont give it.

On another front, Obama may be making good Supreme Court choices, but he certainly is not judging them on their looks!

Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull