Originally Posted By: Mignon
How many attacks is this under Obama's watch now? Be prepared for more. How many did Bush or Clinton have?Does anyone know?

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Clinton had the first World trade center bombing, and also the bombings in the African Embasies and and also the Cole, if you are counting overseas attacks.

Bush had 9/11 on his watch, and somehow made himself out to be a hero for it. He also had the anthrax attacks, and I believe there was something at the LA Airport that they thwarted. There were also the Madrid and London attacks when Bush was president. I think they also thwarted something in the NY subways.

So far there have been no terrorist attacks under Obama. The Times Square thing was a bust, thank God.

Terror is a tactic, and it is stupid to declarw "war" on it. I think the cool handling of this latest incident, and the notion that thousands of people were back in Times Square the next day shows we are not going to allow ourselves to be terrorized. If the preident gets all bellicose whenever one of these things hapens, as McCain and all the righties who I believe are hoping for an attack to work, then terrorism is working. We need to be like Israel. One day they bomb a square, and the next day they clean it up and start using it again.

I think the stepped up activity in Pakistan with drones has been a good strategy, and
may account for the second rate training this last one got.

So overall I believe Obama has done better than Bush. Did I mention 9/11 was on Bush's watch?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."