Originally Posted By: Lilo
Don't get bent out of shape. smile
The minor side discussion about who answered to whom came up in comments made by NY mobsters concerning Chicago-NY-Milwaukee relationships over thirty years ago. A clarification was offered concerning those comments-that's all.

I'm honestly not trying to get bent out of shape. It's just that I've had these debates with people more time than I can count. Some of the most heated have been over the Chicago Outfit. And like I pointed out above, while I'm talking about the modern day Outfit, I'll often find that the person I'm talking to is talking about the Outfit of the 1950's and 1960's.

It's understandable to a point, I guess. Like most of us, they get their information from books. Problem is, most mob books are long after the fact, and therefore outdated. So they enter a discussion about the Chicago mob of today having just read Accardo: The Genuine Godfather or something like that and that's the image they have.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.