Originally Posted By: Lucasi
Why bring up the Gambinos?Just to type?We all know there 2nd in SIZE,ETC and have sometimes been the Top Dog in N.Y.C. above the Genovese Family and deserve much respect.
U can say what u want but what i see on "active soldiers" for Chicago/Detroit all the familys in NEW YORK are not twice the size as The OUTFIT and 4 Times the size of Detroit when U can Still see 100+ not deceased or shelved in Detroit and 200+ not deceased or shelved in Chicago.Genovese and the Gambinos are much larger but the other 3 familys are not each 4 times the size of Detroit or twice the size of Chicago.
I believe running a tight ship and staying out of the FBIs sights while still making plenty of $$$ is the sign of a Strong Family and the Detroit Partnership has done/did/does that.

First, I brought up the Gambinos because you and others didn't. You can't make a list of the top three families in the country without the Gambinos being on it. Because they're #2, both in New York and in the U.S. over all. Though they never surpassed the Genovese family, but did rival them in many respects for a time.

Second, even if every single made member of the Chicago and Detroit families were active on the street, any of the New York families would still have more guys on the street than they do. The Lucchese, Colombo, and Bonanno families each have a little over 100 members. That's 2x the size of the total membership of the Outfit and 4x the size of the Detroit family.

Like many do, you are looking at this exactly backwards. You think a family that barely gets any headlines or indictments in this day and age means they are stronger. Well if that's the case, the Los Angeles family must be thriving. It's the other way around. A more active family is going to be seen as a greater organized crime threat by law enforcement, which in turn means more indictments. There being less indictments in Chicago and Detroit doesn't mean these families just know how to stay under the radar. It means they are smaller and there is less activity by these families when compared to those in New York.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.