Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
So, does that mean that since there's no permit required that there is no background check??? Can anyone purchase a gun, no questions asked then??? confused God forbid we ask any questions and trample on anyone's right. rolleyes I'm confused. I thought it was ok be careful when selling guns.

TIS

I'm sure there are still background checks required to purchase in the first place-at least revolvers/pistols. In Michigan for example, you do not need a permit to purchase or own a rifle or shotgun. You do need a permit to purchase a handgun and there will be background checks done. You also need a permit to carry concealed-although absent some form of criminal/mental record the State MUST give you a permit.

It sounds like Arizona is saying as long you already legally own a handgun, it will no longer require additional permits to carry concealed. I would be mildly surprised if this wasn't done in part in reaction to the Krentz murder.

The Arizon statute will not take effect for a few months yet. When it does, it will not require a background check or training to carry a concealed handgun. Federal law does require background checks when a handgun is purchased from a licensed dealer.

Last edited by olivant; 04/19/10 03:00 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."