Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Good point, Ivy. This cannot be emphasized enough. There's no love lost there. And his uncles are honestly no more well liked in mob circles than he is. I can't imagine anyone important picking sides if things ever got ugly.

The Gottis are all but finished. John Gotti is dead. Peter Gotti is still the official boss but basically in name only at this point. He'll likely die in prison. If John had allowed his guys to take plea deals back in the day, Gene could be out now. But he got a 50 year sentence back in 1989, though his projected release date is 2018. I've read that he still has a certain amount of influence in the family and a lot of loanshark money on the street. Richard Gotti is still around but got demoted from captain to soldier. Vincent Gotti and Richard Gotti Jr. were both caught up in the February 2008 indictment but neither are heavyweights by any means. Peter Gotti Jr. isn't involved in the life. And now Junior may indeed be over with it now. Then of course, you have the three stooges - John, Carmine, and Frank Gotti....er....I mean Agnello. But they obviously don't count.

That said, the fact that D'Amico was acting boss and Joseph Corozzo is still the consigliere shows the the old Gotti loyalists still carry weight in the family.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.