Ahh, thats it, exactly what i needed, that memory jog.

Gaetano "Don Tano" Badalamenti was a high ranking Sicilian mafiosi, one of three bosses comprising the Sicilian Commission, or Cupola at the time, including Stefano "Prince of Villabate" Stefano & Luciano Liggio. Don Tano in particular was deep, deep into the Heroin Trade, charged & convicted to life in the Pizza Connection trials, dying in a Massachussets prison without ever breaking omerta.

Anyway, Badalamenti had family in Detroit, an had been there himself before. He took to using a nephew, one Ceaser Badalamenti to direct the sales of heroin to mobbed up wholesalers around North America. Infact, if i remember correct, Ceaser's constant forgetting of the passwords & codes for heroin deals greatly helped investigators in wire-taps.

Dont you love that? You mention Ceaser Badalamenti & it just triggers a flood of recognition. The "Heroin Wing", of course.
This & Jimmy Q's own links to Vittorio "Don Vito" Vitale make for some pretty solid mob credentials, eh?

I almost thought that might explain the Partinico reference, but im pretty sure Badalameti was from Cinisi.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 04/02/10 02:36 AM.

(cough.)