I understand what you're saying, and agree on a certain level. However, that doesn't make it right that there are millions of people in a very wealthy country who don't have access to a physical. It's just wrong, plain and simple. Is this bill the answer? I don't know. I don't think any of us know the answer yet. But I do believe that it's a step in the right direction.

Apple mentioned that she was uninsured for a time. What if, God forbid, she or her child had required hospitalization? How devastating would that have been financially? Or would she have had to go to a county or city hospital, through the ER, and have the public pick up the bill? One surgery, one surprise illness, can wipe out a family financially for YEARS.

We need some mechanism that will guarantee that we are all on a level playing field, with access to regular and preventative doctor visits. It's my sincere hope that this bill will provide that to those who need it.

And, by the way, do you think that the people who will be served by this bill the working poor who are desperately trying to keep their families afloat, or are they blood-sucking leeches, sucking on the public teat?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club