That seems unfair because should someone lose their job, for whatever reason, would they need to get immediate insurance coverage even before seeking new employment, and supposedly keep it throughout that waiting period (usually 90 days) before benefits kick in at the next job.

Unless of course, the interim mandatory insurance is such that one is locked in for a certain time period, say a year, before one can drop the coverage in favor of something else.

As opposed to now, where some people have gotten Cobra or others - myself included - have opted for no insurance at all between jobs, hoping for the best during those few months.

I suppose these are some of the things that need to be ironed out by the Senate, or even re-structured by future Congresses/Presidents (of which there will be a NEW one in 2013).

I tell you, much as Obama was trashing the insurance companies over this past year, THEY are the ones that are going to clean up when all this kicks in.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON