I forgot about bowling. I still go a few times a year.

SC, I remember watching Mark Roth very well. During the '70s and '80s it seemed he was on ABC Sports every Saturday. He was a GREAT bowler. I remember his duels with Earl Anthony like they were yesterday. I read last year that he had a stroke.

Here's an article:

Bowling hall-of-famer Mark Roth recovering from recent stroke

The news came out of the blue like a gutter ball in a professional bowling event.

It was a shock Friday to read on pba.com that all-time great and PBA Hall of Fame kegler Mark Roth had suffered a stroke that left him partially paralyzed on his left side.

No one expected that kind of news about the 58-year-old Roth, author of 34 PBA Tour titles and two more on the PBA Senior circuit.

No doubt, Roth, who grew up in Meiers Corners, was my favorite bowler growing up. He dominated the PBA Tour in the late 1970s and 80s, racking up more titles and money in a 10-year span that was second to none.

Yes, there may have been better bowlers around like the great Earl Anthony, but the right-handed Roth was the most feared on the circuit and was widely considered the player who introduced the "power game" to bowling with his cranking style.

Roth was so dominant in his time, the current Fulton, N.Y., resident recently ranked No. 5 on a list of the Professional Bowlers Association's 50 greatest players.

According to pba.com, Roth was admitted to St. Joseph's Hospital in Syracuse, N.Y., last week his wife Denise said, after feeling ill for several days.

"He's brighter today," she told pba.com. "His (left) leg is showing a little improvement. He told me he's going to walk again and I believe him. He has the willpower to do it."

And if anyone can do it, it will be Roth, whose determination and grit are what made him a huge force on the PBA Tour.

And while the recovery process will be a lengthy one, I, and the rest of Roth's numerous fans, have no doubt that we willl see him back on the PBA Senior circuit in the not too distant future.

Here's hoping you're feeling better, Mark.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.