GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 481 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,467
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,951
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 70 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 69 70
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567196
02/13/10 11:41 AM
02/13/10 11:41 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Lilo,

You're so sweet for responding. wink It's about 3 years old and it's been that way for a while. I will try to fiddle around with the wiring and see what I can do. I never really got into checking it out since I suck at that sort of thing. tongue Thanks a lot.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567201
02/13/10 12:50 PM
02/13/10 12:50 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
This is so random. tongue Ok, let me try to explain since I am not good at fixing this kind of thing.

Ok, I have a small stereo/radio/CD/record player (all in one). Anyway, it has two speakers. You know how the wires attach from each speaker to the stereo base itself?? Anyway, one of my speakers doesn't work. If I hold and press the wire I hear sound. Naturally, I can't stand and press that wire all day. lol Ok, so my question is, what is the part called that I need and is it easily fixable? In other words, where do I go and what exactly to I ask for?

Told ya, it's very random. lol

TIS

tape?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #567225
02/13/10 05:44 PM
02/13/10 05:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The University of Alabama-Huntsville biology professor accused of killing three colleagues during a campus faculty meeting fatally shot her brother in an apparent accident in Massachusetts more than two decades ago, The Boston Globe reported Saturday.

Amy Bishop shot her 18-year-old brother, Seth M. Bishop, an accomplished violinist who had won a number of science awards, on Dec. 6, 1986, Braintree Police Chief Paul Frazier confirmed to the newspaper.

Bishop had asked her mother in the presence of her brother how to unload a round from the chamber of a 12-gauge shotgun, according to a Globe story at the time. John Polio, then-chief of police, told the Globe that while Amy Bishop was handling the weapon, it fired, wounding Seth Bishop in the abdomen. He was pronounced dead at a hospital 46 minutes after the shooting.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #567306
02/14/10 05:10 PM
02/14/10 05:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

John Edwards to marry mistress Rielle Hunter?
February 15th, 2010 - 1:41 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt -

(THAINDIAN NEWS) There are unconfirmed reports that the former Presidential candidate John Edwards is engaged to his mistress Rielle Hunter. Just a fortnight earlier, John Edwards had admitted that he is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 2-year-old daughter, after denying it for a long time.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #567314
02/14/10 07:14 PM
02/14/10 07:14 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant

John Edwards to marry mistress Rielle Hunter?
February 15th, 2010 - 1:41 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt -

(THAINDIAN NEWS) There are unconfirmed reports that the former Presidential candidate John Edwards is engaged to his mistress Rielle Hunter. Just a fortnight earlier, John Edwards had admitted that he is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 2-year-old daughter, after denying it for a long time.

did he already divorced his dyeing wife?

just asking is he friends with tiger?

Last edited by BAM_233; 02/15/10 12:03 AM.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567331
02/14/10 11:45 PM
02/14/10 11:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
msnbc.com staff and news service reports updated 5:32 p.m. CT, Sun., Feb. 14, 2010

The scientist who is accused of killing three colleagues at the University of Alabama had been a key suspect in an attempted bomb plot at Harvard in 1993, police officials told The Boston Globe on Sunday.

Authorities questioned Amy Bishop and her husband, James Anderson, in March 1993 after a bomb-laden package was delivered to a Harvard professor and doctor at Boston's Children's Hospital, the Globe reported.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #567332
02/15/10 12:02 AM
02/15/10 12:02 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
msnbc.com staff and news service reports updated 5:32 p.m. CT, Sun., Feb. 14, 2010

The scientist who is accused of killing three colleagues at the University of Alabama had been a key suspect in an attempted bomb plot at Harvard in 1993, police officials told The Boston Globe on Sunday.

Authorities questioned Amy Bishop and her husband, James Anderson, in March 1993 after a bomb-laden package was delivered to a Harvard professor and doctor at Boston's Children's Hospital, the Globe reported.

this is just getting weird

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567333
02/15/10 12:08 AM
02/15/10 12:08 AM
California

California
So she not only killed the three people at the University AND accidentally shot her brother, but now her and her husband were questioned in 93 about a bomb-laden package??? Wow, this is very weird. I wonder how many other shoes will drop? confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #567334
02/15/10 12:20 AM
02/15/10 12:20 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
So she not only killed the three people at the University AND accidentally shot her brother, but now her and her husband were questioned in 93 about a bomb-laden package??? Wow, this is very weird. I wonder how many other shoes will drop? confused

TIS

how does she get any job with this kind of background?

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567335
02/15/10 12:26 AM
02/15/10 12:26 AM
California

California
Well in technically, she was "only" questioned in this bomb thing. When they first aired the story on the campus shooting, I thought she was a crazy lady who lost it. Now, I don't know if she is crazy or not, but it's getting kind of scary actually. eek

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567336
02/15/10 12:56 AM
02/15/10 12:56 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

TIS

how does she get any job with this kind of background?

The same reason pedofiles get jobs at schools.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #567361
02/15/10 02:10 PM
02/15/10 02:10 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
"I heard Bloomberg talking about us/I heard old Mike put us down/Well I hope Mr. Mike will remember/A West Virginia man don't need him around, anyhow..."

NYDAILYNEWS

West Virginia has a message for Mayor Bloomberg: Don't come 'round here to buy our guns.

A legislator there wants to ban the type of undercover stings that Bloomberg has used to showcase illegal gun sales in other states - and throw the mayor's investigators in jail if necessary.

"It's for us to handle within our own borders," said state Sen. Jeffrey Kessler, who is running for governor in 2012. "We jealously guard our gun rights, and we're vocal advocates for the Second Amendment."

He calls his proposal the "Bloomberg bill" - a reflection of how Bloomberg's anti-gun crusade has made him public enemy No. 1 to gun lovers.

The mayor has spent millions hiring private investigators to videotape gun dealers seemingly violating federal law - selling weapons to people who say they couldn't pass a background check, or who appear to be straw purchasers on behalf of others.

"It may be good for getting headlines, but it may well be compromising actual law enforcement activities," Kessler said. "He's not a federal law enforcement officer."

Bloomberg has defended the stings as necessary to keep out-of-state guns from ending up on New York streets and in the hands of criminals.

He has put the videos on YouTube and mailed copies to Congress. A spokesman refused to say whether more are in progress.

Kessler's bill would ban those stings, making a felon out of anyone who "persuades, encourages or entices" a gun dealer to make an illegal sale.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567367
02/15/10 04:14 PM
02/15/10 04:14 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If Bloomberg's investigation has produced videos of illegal gun buys, then what is this moron afraid of?? Is he afraid that they might actually show what a poor job they're doing enforcing their own laws? How can someone who is trying to bring illegal activities to light be considered a "Public Enemy"?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #567385
02/15/10 06:09 PM
02/15/10 06:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I think basically some people in West Virginia want Bloomberg to mind his own beeswax. I don't know that this proposed bill will pass but I do remember reading that some folks were peeved at Bloomberg stepping across state lines.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567396
02/15/10 08:10 PM
02/15/10 08:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: Lilo
... I do remember reading that some folks were peeved at Bloomberg stepping across state lines.

Then make sure their guns don't cross the line into NY state.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #567408
02/15/10 09:00 PM
02/15/10 09:00 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I agree. Illegal straw purchases need to be stopped. But the W. Virginia pol would probably say that just as NY politicians would not appreciate W. Virginia sending private investigators to look at financial crimes of Wall Street or that sheriff in Maricopa county, Arizona sending his people to shine the light on illegal immigrants in Manhattan, some people in W. Virginia don't want anyone short of the BATF or appropriate W. Virginia authorities investigating criminal gun sales in W. Virginia. Even if it's done for a good reason it rubs some folks the wrong way.

I think this pol is likely owned by the NRA, which certainly doesn't want any additional investigations/restrictions on gun show sales. The fact that it's Bloomberg directing this muddies the issue and allows it to be more easily framed as a jurisdiction issue.

It's like if there's a bratty kid acting up in a store and someone besides the parent gives it a talking to or something. Whether or not the kid was in the wrong, many parents simply won't tolerate someone else interfering. I think that's the sort of emotion behind this proposal.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567410
02/15/10 09:50 PM
02/15/10 09:50 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
But is it Bloomberg the politician doing this, or Bloomberg personally financing it? If he's doing it with his own funds, there's not much stopping him, is there??

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #567421
02/16/10 06:53 AM
02/16/10 06:53 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
But is it Bloomberg the politician doing this, or Bloomberg personally financing it? If he's doing it with his own funds, there's not much stopping him, is there??

That's a good question SB. I'm not sure of the answer. I have seen articles that indicate the private investigators were hired by New York City and some articles which say they were hired by Bloomberg.

West Virginia is following Virginia's lead on this. Virginia passed a similar law three years back. In retaliation, in 2009 Bloomberg financed a campaign ad against the Virginia Attorney General, McDonnell , who was running for Governor. However McDonnell was elected to Governor. There's just a lot of bad blood around this issue. I don't know if Bloomberg is still sending private investigators into Virginia or not.

Old article about Virginia

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567426
02/16/10 11:15 AM
02/16/10 11:15 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
(AP)
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — The husband of an Alabama college professor accused of shooting her colleagues says the couple went to a shooting range weeks before the killing but he didn't know where she got the gun.

James Anderson told The Associated Press Monday that he did not know how long Amy Bishop had a gun before Friday's attack. He says the family did not own a gun.

Bishop is accused of opening fire at a faculty meeting at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, killing three and wounding three.

Anderson says she was acting like "a normal professor" in the days before the shooting.

He also says he and his wife were cleared in the investigation of a pipe bomb sent to one of her former bosses in Massachusetts in 1993.

Jason Morris, president of EmployeeScreenIQ, a Cleveland, Ohio, company that does background checks for colleges and other large institutions, said it's possible a background check would not have turned up the incidents in Bishop's past, particularly since she wasn't charged.

Part of the problem is that college professors often come to campus with very lofty credentials, like Bishop's degree from Harvard University, Morris said.

"Sometimes they overlook certain characteristics because they've got this great person coming to campus," Morris said.

"It's not a silver bullet," he said of background checks, but a check of weapons records "might have uncovered something."

Police previously said Bishop had no permit for the gun believe used in the shooting, and investigators said they didn't know where she got it. The gun was found in a second-floor restroom, one floor below where the shooting occurred.

Bishop's husband told the Chronicle of Higher Education on Monday that her wife had recently borrowed a handgun and had practiced with it at an indoor gun range. He said she wouldn't tell him who she borrowed it from and was 'very cagey.'

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #567486
02/17/10 02:13 AM
02/17/10 02:13 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Quote:
Don't look at me, I'm fucked up on cornbread.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Longneck] #567525
02/17/10 03:54 PM
02/17/10 03:54 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
14 year old Pundit

Though he's too young to vote, Jonathan Krohn has written his second book on politics and given a much-replayed speech. Just who is this right-wing prodigy?

Family values: An only child, Krohn lives here with his mom, a sales rep and drama teacher, and dad. He is home-schooled and worships at this church.

Grass roots: His parents aren't especially political, hence this comment by his mom. At age 9, something he said he found frustrating aroused Krohn's conservatism.

Fab four: In his three-minute CPAC speech, Krohn outlined four conservative fundamentals: constitutional regard, respect for life, less government and more personal responsibility.

Loves a crowd: As a younger boy, Krohn acted with a local theater troupe and performed on this Bible radio show. Earnings helped him self-publish his first book.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #567531
02/17/10 04:28 PM
02/17/10 04:28 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Washington (CNN) -- To the list of instructions you hear at airport checkpoints, add this: "Put your palms forward, please."

The Transportation Security Administration soon will begin randomly swabbing passengers' hands at checkpoints and airport gates to test them for traces of explosives.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #567539
02/17/10 05:58 PM
02/17/10 05:58 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

Washington (CNN) -- To the list of instructions you hear at airport checkpoints, add this: "Put your palms forward, please."

The Transportation Security Administration soon will begin randomly swabbing passengers' hands at checkpoints and airport gates to test them for traces of explosives.

i feel bad for the people who's job is explosives.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #567580
02/18/10 03:37 PM
02/18/10 03:37 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I can see being pissed at the IRS, but wow...

Plane crash pilot left anti-IRS Web note
Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas – A pilot furious with the Internal Revenue Service crashed his small plane into an office building that houses federal tax employees in Austin, Texas on Thursday, setting off a raging fire that sent workers fleeing as thick plumes of black smoke poured into the air....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #567587
02/18/10 03:49 PM
02/18/10 03:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
This happened in Austin, Texas?

That's where Ice lives. Maybe he can enlighten us.

Terrible news, either way. How could someone do something so reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #567589
02/18/10 04:01 PM
02/18/10 04:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
South Carolina Lawmaker Seeks to Ban Federal Currency Posted by Brian Montopoli

South Carolina Rep. Mike Pitts has introduced legislation that would mandate that gold and silver coins replace federal currency as legal tender in his state.

As the Palmetto Scoop first reported, Pitts, a Republican, introduced legislation this month banning "the unconstitutional substitution of Federal Reserve Notes for silver and gold coin" in South Carolina.

In an interview, Pitts told Hotsheet that he believes that "if the federal government continues to spend money at the rate it's spending money, and if it continues to print money at the rate it's printing money, our economic system is going to collapse."

"The Germans felt their system wouldn't collapse, but it took a wheelbarrow of money to buy a loaf of bread in the 1930s," he said. "The Soviet Union didn't think their system would collapse, but it did. Ours is capable of collapsing also."

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #567595
02/18/10 04:28 PM
02/18/10 04:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The judge gave Bernard Kerik an upward departure from the sentencing guidelines today. Ouch. Instead of 23 months, he gave him 4 years eek.

That's fed time, so he'll have to do most of it. I guess he felt that a former police commissioner had to be held to a higher standard. I agree 100 percent.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #567601
02/18/10 04:48 PM
02/18/10 04:48 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
What did he do?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #567607
02/18/10 05:18 PM
02/18/10 05:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Kerik was stupid. If he hadn't pushed his luck and gone for public office under President Bush, he could have retired from the NYPD as a hero and made a fortune as a consultant and from speaker fees. Hubris!

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #567708
02/19/10 06:01 PM
02/19/10 06:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Calif. prosecutor: Penn to be charged with battery Feb. 19, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- California prosecutors say Sean Penn faces battery and vandalism charges stemming from an altercation with a photographer in Brentwood last fall.

Spokesman Frank Mateljan with the Los Angeles city attorney's office says the two misdemeanor counts were expected to be filed later Friday.

A phone message for Penn's attorney, Barry Hirsch, was not immediately returned.

Page 19 of 70 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 69 70

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull