Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
But is it Bloomberg the politician doing this, or Bloomberg personally financing it? If he's doing it with his own funds, there's not much stopping him, is there??

That's a good question SB. I'm not sure of the answer. I have seen articles that indicate the private investigators were hired by New York City and some articles which say they were hired by Bloomberg.

West Virginia is following Virginia's lead on this. Virginia passed a similar law three years back. In retaliation, in 2009 Bloomberg financed a campaign ad against the Virginia Attorney General, McDonnell , who was running for Governor. However McDonnell was elected to Governor. There's just a lot of bad blood around this issue. I don't know if Bloomberg is still sending private investigators into Virginia or not.

Old article about Virginia

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.