Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Another lesson I learned from this is how unimportant the things are that I previously thought were such a big deal. Things that I got upset or mad about, I thought back to after she was in the hospital, and I realized that I'd taken a lot for granted.

This is basically it, Gina. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to slap people who thought their life sucked because they got a bad grade, and by bad I mean A minus. And they would go on and on about it for ages.
But I can't blame them. If those are their biggest troubles in life, then they're just lucky that they didn't have to learn the lessons you've learned in the hard way. People who have never experienced what you have, they can sympathize with you, but it probably won't leave a lasting effect on them, or change their personality. In a way it's like watching an episode of E.R. You see on TV how messed up our health can be, you can cry and get emotional, but after a while you go back to your own life and your own troubles, whatever they may be. What I'm trying to say is that the info is out there, and people know all about it, but you just can't truly understand what it feels like until you go throught this yourself.

Growing up isn't easy. Some people never do. Most are not aware of it. I've had my share of personal tragedies pretty early in life, and half of my childhood is lost in a way. I'm not too sure being wise before your time is such a good thing, but we all deal with it differently.

Remember that show, "The Wonder Years"? I still like to watch it sometimes...and I find myself getting all nostalgic over someone else's nostalgia. How life was innocent when I was a child, and how small my biggest troubles were.

Gina, life is unfair in so many ways, and yet there is still so much to love about it. I know your aunt is dead, but her love will never die. And may that love relight the torch of hapiness in you life, that you so rightfully deserve.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)