Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
You know I am really looking forward to the new Wall Street movie. BUT, I have never seen the first believe it or not. ohwell I am thinking of renting it probably on Sunday.

I guess when it came out the whole idea of Wall street didn't interest me. Today, for obvious reasons I am thinking it might be very interesting. I always got a chill though at the Gordon Gekko scene "Greed is Good." So cold!!!!

Anyway, I saw a very brief preview with Gekko now out of jail, and the quote from the clip is by Gekko; "I have been quoted as saying Greed is good. I hear now it's legal."

Anyway, I think it's released this month, so I better hurry and see part one first. smile Anyone else interested in seeing this film?

Btw, I didn't know that Gekko went to jail at the end of the first one. But, that's what I get for waiting 20 some years before seeing a movie. lol I guess I know how the first one ends.

TIS

Thanks for posting that, Tis. I LOVED the original. It's one of my favorite films of the '80s. I saw it in the theatre during its initial run in 1987, and was so taken by it, that I bought the videotape when it was released. And you have to remember, buying videotapes back then was not common. You could really only pay retail back in the pre-Blockbuster days. I think it cost me like 70 bucks, which was kind of ridiculous in hindsight.

Anyway, the trailer looks great, but I have one problem with it. When I think of those scumbag insider traders from the '80s, like Michael Milken and Ivan Boesky, I recall that they all got sweetheart deals from the Feds. So is it believable that Gordon Gekko would actually do 20 years in prison?

Hopefully, one of our legal minds will weigh-in on this.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.