On some level I do believe in "judge not lest ye be judged". But on the other hand I am by nature a rather judgmental person.. ohwell

So regardless of what any of us may think about the state of marriage, how desirable it is or what social/personal/financial/sexual purpose it serves I think that most of us would agree that lying to someone and deceiving someone is not a good thing. The very nature of having an affair requires deception of the spouse and self-deception. That's the essence of the problem imo.

There are some people that are not monogamous or are otherwise just not meant to be married. Some of those people have enough personal charisma or attractiveness to the opposite sex to be open about their non-fidelity. And of course people change over time. I can't judge any one else's personal life. But I will say that lying is wrong.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.