LEGION
This was a serious waste of time and a waste of cast (Dennis Quaid, Kate Walsh, Charles Dutton, Paul Bettany, Tyrese, Adrianne Palicki) I guess they all needed the money but gee whiz did they need mine? The best parts of the movie are all shown in the trailer. If God sent Angels to end the existence of humanity, I rather doubt that Angels, who oversee the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, can threaten to wipe out Jerusalem with a wave of the hand, and who threw Satan into the Pit, are going to be much impressed by humans with submachine guns. I can't say any more about the various bad writing, plot holes and crappy dialogue without going into spoilers, not that there's that much to spoil. Definitely not worth a trip to the theater-maybe ok for dollar day as a rental.

BLOOD CREEK
This movie was directed by Joel Schumacher of all people but don't worry there is no campy Batman running around. It's a surprisingly good horror movie in the old style. It reminds me of the Friday the 13th TV series. It starts out in 1938 (shot in glorious Black and White) when a German SS historian visits an American farming family of German descent who happens to possess an ancient runestone left by Vikings. It picks up in modern day (shot in color) in which an Iraq war veteran thought dead suddenly shows up at his brother's house one night and tells his brother to bring a lot of guns and come with him immediately-there's revenge to be taken. In some aspects the movie does later fall into some horror conventional cliches (especially with some less than convincing special effects) but the occult Nazi spin lets it stand apart -although that's becoming slightly more common now ("Outpost" and "Dead Snow"). Anyway this was better than "Legion" by far although it lacked big name stars. Evidently it didn't get much of a theatrical release. It was worth the rental if you like horror movies. There is also an interesting commentary by the director that goes into greater detail about Nazi fascination with the occult.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.