Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Conan didn't get the shaft. He got, what, $33 MILLION? PLUS he made sure his crew was taken care off, for another $10M or so -- a good guy.

He got the shaft. He got only 7 months when Leno had 2-3 years to get his stupid act together in the ratings.

Yeah I know its an easy kneejerk copout to say anyone is fine and happy because he's got a ton of money...but you know what geoff?

Between $35 million upfront and hosting the Tonight Show a real longterm run (5-10 years), I think Conando would have picked the Tonight Show. The guy 17 something years at 12:30, improved from shitty host to an outright comedy hero of my generation, and basically get bent over after 7 months on a job he was promised for 5 years.

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I don't dislike him, nor Leno -- I don't regularly watch late-night TV (ironically lol) -- but according to ratings, he's destroyed The Tonight Show. Fact. He'll do fine in another show (next Fall). And Jay will bring it back and do it 'til he retires....

Yeah because ratings are still in 2009 what they were 30, 20, or even 5 years ago. You're like those oldtimers who still think Americans give a shit about network news at 6:30 and not cable news or the Internet.

Besides, using your precious ratings, who tanked at 10 when there is a bigger audience available? Who of the late show hosts was the only one to NOT get a bump from this NBC fiasco? I mean last I checked, Coco didn't fail at primetime. He didn't get rewarded for failure like a certain someone.

Here's a clue: He's got several cars.