GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 497 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 95 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 94 95
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565588
01/20/10 02:07 PM
01/20/10 02:07 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Lilo, Let's face it, Bill Clinton also suffered a bit from "I want everyone to like me" at the beginning of his first term. He learned, and hopefully so will President Obama.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #565592
01/20/10 02:49 PM
01/20/10 02:49 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Obama has been too nice. I am hoping this MA win, along with the obvious lack of cooperation from the Republican party, along with the public's view that Wall Street has gotten away with way too much, will be a wake-up call.

In a way, this win could work for Obama. If he didn't know before, he surely knows now, the discontent of the Democrats.

smile
TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565593
01/20/10 02:58 PM
01/20/10 02:58 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Lilo
...now if the Republicans stick together they can block most legislation they don't like...

Isn't that what the Dems did when they were in the minority?
I can certainly recall a couple of filabusters between 1994-2006.

Oh, and by the way....

WAY TO GO, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW JERSEY, VIRGINIA...and all the other States where campaigning with the President will have little or no effect during the coming year.

Congratulations, Sen-elect Brown! Go get 'em...!!

Geez...I sure missed playing with those Smilies grin

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565594
01/20/10 03:00 PM
01/20/10 03:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
If he didn't know before, he surely knows now, the discontent of the Democrats.
smile TIS

I dunno, Tis. I worry. You know the old saying: "A house divided can not stand."

Lilo made a VERY astute point in an earlier post: The Republicans are MUCH better at sticking together than the Democrats. All of this infighting has to cease. The opportunity the Democrats earned one year ago cannot be overstated. The party's control in the House was unquestioned; their power in the Senate unstoppable. And now it appears that we've blown a golden opportunity that comes along once in a political lifetime.

I honestly don't want to be a doomsayer here, because like Lilo says, there's still plenty of time for Obama to turn this thing around. But unless he changes his attitude about the way he deals with adversity (like, you know, admitting that he actually has adversity in his life), then he's going to be one and out.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565595
01/20/10 03:03 PM
01/20/10 03:03 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
... along with the obvious lack of cooperation from the Republican party...

Why would the Republicans cooperate on something they KNOW the majority of Americans do not want?

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: AppleOnYa] #565597
01/20/10 03:04 PM
01/20/10 03:04 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #565601
01/20/10 03:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

What about the nation's kids? TIME FOR KIDS and KidsHealth wanted to know how things are going for you. To find out, we went straight to the source. We asked 1,000 kids, ages 9 to 13, about life at home, at school and in the U.S. What we learned surprised us, impressed us and reminded us that being a kid isn't always easy.

National Issues
Kids graded President Barack Obama on his first year in office.

Obama's Grades:
A: 19%
B: 30%
C: 24%
D: 10%
F: 16%

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #565602
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
PB and TIS, you both make excellent points. Although I still have faith in his abilities, the time for "settling in" has past. The President needs to show strength in order to prove that he will not be deterred from his agenda.

Unfortunately, lies and fear-mongering have clouded this healthcare reform issue. Personally, I think it's something that the President might have wanted to tackle at a later time. I think people are frightened. They're losing their homes, their jobs, and they need to feel that they're future is in capable hands. Economic recovery and growth, and national security should have been the only two matters on his list for at least his first year.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: AppleOnYa] #565603
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
... along with the obvious lack of cooperation from the Republican party...

Why would the Republicans cooperate on something they KNOW the majority of Americans do not want?

Apple

You got that right Apple.

Welcome back Apple smile

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #565608
01/20/10 03:36 PM
01/20/10 03:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The Scott Brown interview was on a local cable station during the Republican National Convention in 2008.

The following seems to make the case that the President was born out of wedlock:

"Barack’s Kansas-born mom Ann Dunham married his Kenyan father Barack Obama Sr. on Feb. 2, 1961. Since Barack Obama was born on Aug. 4, 1961, he was conceived before his mother’s 18th birthday on Nov. 29, 1960.

Amanda Ripley reported in Time magazine: “On Feb. 2, 1961, several months after they met, Obama's parents got married in Maui, according to divorce records. It was a Thursday. At that point, Ann was three months pregnant with Barack Obama II . . "

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #565609
01/20/10 03:37 PM
01/20/10 03:37 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

This means he was conceived out of wedlock, not born out of wedlock.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #565616
01/20/10 04:10 PM
01/20/10 04:10 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
If he didn't know before, he surely knows now, the discontent of the Democrats.
smile TIS

I dunno, Tis. I worry. You know the old saying: "A house divided can not stand."

Lilo made a VERY astute point in an earlier post: The Republicans are MUCH better at sticking together than the Democrats. All of this infighting has to cease. The opportunity the Democrats earned one year ago cannot be overstated. The party's control in the House was unquestioned; their power in the Senate unstoppable. And now it appears that we've blown a golden opportunity that comes along once in a political lifetime.

I honestly don't want to be a doomsayer here, because like Lilo says, there's still plenty of time for Obama to turn this thing around. But unless he changes his attitude about the way he deals with adversity (like, you know, admitting that he actually has adversity in his life), then he's going to be one and out.

Point well taken PB, and where Obama got it wrong was caving to Harry Reid et al. and allowing those lazy bastards to delay the vote as long as they did. At this point he needs to decide if he wants to be Harry Truman or Jimmy Carter. He should
knock heads in the House and make them pass the Senate bill as is, declare victory, and then wait for another chance to tweak it some time down the road. He needs to start talking up the economy and IMHO he needs to fire Geithner and Summers.
It has been a pleasure seeing a lot of sensible back and forth among the lefties and righties on this thread, and not shocking to see who came out of the woodwork after this set back. whistle

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #565676
01/21/10 12:31 PM
01/21/10 12:31 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
In a private meeting in the Capitol just now, a dozen or more House liberals bluntly told Nancy Pelosi that there was no chance that they would vote to pass the Senate bill in its current form — making it all but certain that House Dems won’t opt for this approach, a top House liberal tells me.

“We cannot support the Senate bill — period,” is the message that liberals delivered to the Speaker, Dem Rep Raul Grijalva told me in an interview just now.

Tellingly, House liberals also urged Pelosi to consider passing individual pieces of reform through the House as individual bills, and sending them to the Senate to challenge the upper chamber to reject them, Grijalva tells me. Liberals said this approach would be preferable to passing the Senate bill.

For instance, Grijalva said, why not send the Senate individual bills that would, among other things, nix the “Cadillac” tax or close the donut hole, pressuring the Senate to deal with each provision separately?

“If the Senate chooses not to close the donut hole, that’s their damn problem,” Grijalva said. “They’ve had it too easy. One vote controls everything. Collectively, we’re tired of that.”

Nope, we're done

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565677
01/21/10 12:33 PM
01/21/10 12:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pelosi has balls even pushing the issue. She's one of the biggest culprits where all of the party infighting is concerned. I can't stand her.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #565683
01/21/10 01:20 PM
01/21/10 01:20 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pelosi has balls even pushing the issue. She's one of the biggest culprits where all of the party infighting is concerned. I can't stand her.

Amen, Brother. Sam Rayburn in spinning in his grave. And Harry Reid is not much better.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #565689
01/21/10 02:45 PM
01/21/10 02:45 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
She is noting but a pure evil BITCH.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #565690
01/21/10 03:15 PM
01/21/10 03:15 PM
California

California
A little humor

Here's Jon Stewart talking about Fox News and their "Scott Brown erection." lol It's not a YouTube and I couldn't figure out how to get it so you can just click it. confused

TIS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/21/jon-stewart-destroys-fox_n_431084.html

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565691
01/21/10 03:46 PM
01/21/10 03:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
A little humor

Here's Jon Stewart talking about Fox News and their "Scott Brown erection." lol It's not a YouTube and I couldn't figure out how to get it so you can just click it. confused

TIS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/21/jon-stewart-destroys-fox_n_431084.html

TIS, that reminds me so much of Emily Litella on SNL:

"What’s all this fuss I’ve been hearing about the presidential erection? Now, I know they erected a monument for Mr. Lincoln and President Washington, but that’s because they’re DEAD! Hopefully, the President won’t be DEAD! So he won’t NEED an erection! If Americans are going to spend money to erect anything, why don’t we tear down those nasty slums and erect luxury high rises for poor people and senior citizens! Not for presidents who can afford to pay for their OWN erections!"

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #565796
01/22/10 05:37 PM
01/22/10 05:37 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
The town hall meeting that he went to today was at my hometown where I grew up in Elyria, Ohio. I am really hurt. My ticket must've got lost in the mail whistle

Oli, I have a question for you. Is it normal protocol for the schools to close for the day cuz the President comes to town?

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #565797
01/22/10 05:45 PM
01/22/10 05:45 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Mignon
The town hall meeting that he went to today was at my hometown where I grew up in Elyria, Ohio. I am really hurt. My ticket must've got lost in the mail whistle

Oli, I have a question for you. Is it normal protocol for the schools to close for the day cuz the President comes to town?

Only if it's President Obama!! Just messin' with you Mig. lol

I'm not Oli, but I'm sure it is NOT normal. Why? Did they close all schools??? confused

When I was 12 years old and in Catholic School, JFK was campaigning and drove right by the area of the school. They DID close the school down and we all went to the corner to see him. Of course that was a Catholic school (first Catholic President)and I think the total students enrolled was about 100. lol

TIS

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565800
01/22/10 06:08 PM
01/22/10 06:08 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Only if it's President Obama!! Just messin' with you Mig. lol

I'm not Oli, but I'm sure it is NOT normal. Why? Did they close all schools??? confused

When I was 12 years old and in Catholic School, JFK was campaigning and drove right by the area of the school. They DID close the school down and we all went to the corner to see him. Of course that was a Catholic school (first Catholic President)and I think the total students enrolled was about 100. lol

TIS

That's what my Mother-in-Law told me today that Elyria Public schools were closed today. I don't know about the private schools. That's what I was wondering why they would close?

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #565805
01/22/10 06:51 PM
01/22/10 06:51 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

I am not aware of any such protocol. But American public schools operate through school districts each governed by an elected school board. It sets policy for school attendance as long it conforms with state law.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #566019
01/25/10 04:54 PM
01/25/10 04:54 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Make sure you listen to the President's State of the Union message on Wednesday night. He will propose increases in the child care credit, child care generally, a cap on student loan interest, employer matching of retirement savings, and credits for elderly care.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #566021
01/25/10 05:02 PM
01/25/10 05:02 PM
California

California
I intend to listen. I know nothing about taxes/deductions, that's why I have a tax guy do it. BUT I remember getting what they referred to as "earned income credit" when my kids were little. Once I couldn't use that anymore, my refund went down several hundred. So hopefully these things will help people who really need help. smile

TIS

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #566031
01/25/10 06:29 PM
01/25/10 06:29 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Like all politicians what he says and what he does is two different things.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #566253
01/28/10 02:54 PM
01/28/10 02:54 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The State of the Union address was an absolute travesty of vacuous buzz-phrase bullshit.

Two-party bourgeois social democracy must end. Obama's a fucking hack, an absolute fucking hack [BadWord] tosser. "Hope"? "Change"? Give me a fucking break; take your fucking head out of your arse and stop licking your own shit.

Socialism or barbarism. In the words of Alex DeLarge, "What's it going to be then, eh?"

Here's to the next inevitable economic crisis, which will be even worse than this one.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566260
01/28/10 05:47 PM
01/28/10 05:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
People are drowning. They're afraid, costs are spiraling out of control. Everyday essentials - food, housing, heat, electricity, gasoline, medicine - are taking such a huge chunk out of everyone's paycheck. And the economy is still so frozen that you don't know how long that paycheck is going to keep coming in.

Washington needs to wake up and realize that we need to replace politics with leadership.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #566264
01/28/10 06:30 PM
01/28/10 06:30 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Washington needs to wake up and realize that we need to replace politics with leadership.

I hope that happens sooner than later.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #566273
01/29/10 01:02 AM
01/29/10 01:02 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Don't hold your breath. Power plays are all that matter, and the hell with their constituents.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566276
01/29/10 07:13 AM
01/29/10 07:13 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
The State of the Union address was an absolute travesty of vacuous buzz-phrase bullshit.

Two-party bourgeois social democracy must end. Obama's a fucking hack, an absolute fucking hack [BadWord] tosser. "Hope"? "Change"? Give me a fucking break; take your fucking head out of your arse and stop licking your own shit.

Socialism or barbarism. In the words of Alex DeLarge, "What's it going to be then, eh?"

Here's to the next inevitable economic crisis, which will be even worse than this one.

Capo, you may appreciate this. I still think it is too early to call it a day. In recent history there's not been a truly liberal or radical President, especially not since movements died.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Page 53 of 95 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull