Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Lilo
And according to Weiner and Stupak, there is not support in the House to pass the Senate version of health care legislation. We shall see.

Jim Webb (Va.) has made a statement which supports postponing the healthcare vote until the Senator Elect Brown is sworn in. I wonder if Obama will view this as a bit of a defection on Webb's part?

"One thing Pop always told me is to think as those around you think. And all of our people are politicians. And on that basis, anything's possible."

Weiner is also blaming the President.

Not enough leadership

A problem with Obama's style is that he really doesn't appear to like to sanction people that oppose him. He seems to be conflict-averse. I've known successful leaders like that but the problem is that if you get a reputation for being like that not only do your rivals and enemies have no fear of opposing you but your supporters also lose any trepidation that they may have had about contradicting you or questioning your leadership. Thus Weiner's and Webb's statements. Also as politicians they have to read the tea leaves and ensure that their own re-elections are safe. That's their primary interest.

But as I keep saying it is still really early. If this were a seventies Kung-fu movie this would (HOPEFULLY) be the point where after having got his behind kicked by the big bad dude, the hero disappears into the forest to undergo special training. He then reappears, having mastered the esoteric "Tiger Style", and proceeds to methodically take apart all of his enemies. grin

Does Obama have it in him? We'll see...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.