Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well since I almost always report sunny weather, I'm happy to report that it is raining and has been raining all night. They predict rain the whole week. I don't mind really. I've always liked the rain. smile

TIS

Since you live in sunny California, can you explain the lyric in one of Sinatra's standards "The Lady is a Tramp" which goes "she hates California, it's cold and it's damp"?

I have no idea Oli but good question. I know (and like) that song. My first instinct would be to say, "well, it rhymes" but that's not the rhyming word in the lyrics. They could have used any number of other places (Seattle maybe).

Southern California has always been mostly sunny as far as I'm concerned. The only possibility (as far as the song is concerned) perhaps they refer to Northern CA which, from what I understand, is cooler and does get much more rain than us. Blib would be the expert there.

But yea, who thinks of California as cold and damp. confused

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/18/10 08:46 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon