Originally posted by Don_Michel:
You're from New York your self SC, how did you experienced this moment, was it in your area?

I'm a 20 minute car ride to where the Towers used to be, so its not like I'm close. You guys around the world are probably seeing more of this than I am.....There are normally 7 different broadcast tv stations (not including "cable stations") that send their signals over the air. There is now only one working for those of us that don't have cable. The six other stations had their antennas on top of the Tower.

Many of my friends have harrowing personal stories, of seeing all this close up....one saw the second plane as it hit the Tower; others saw bodies fall out of the Towers as the buildings were burning; a few ran for their lives when the Towers collapsed, and the thick smoke, dust and debris made it almost impossible to breathe; some had to walk for MILES to find any kind of transportation home.

The only "personal" thing I can describe is the sound of fighter jets flying overhead. I live a 1/4 mile away from the coast, and a Navy aircraft carrier, the "George Washington" arrived offshore this morning. They've been sending flights out all day, and it sounded a little like the Persian Gulf back in 1991.

I've followed the Mayor's suggestion, and stayed out of Manhattan, and will do so for a while.

I live in a "mixed" neighborhood....made up of Jews, Italians, Russians and Chinese. Almost everyone wants some sort of retaliation, and they want it quick.