Originally Posted By: The Iceman
Originally Posted By: Lilo
It really takes a "special" sort of person to look at a catastrophe that may well have taken the lives of more than 100,000 people and IMMEDIATELY either blame the people or blame the US president. Politics aside, I just don't get that.

Lilo Limbaugh did not blame the people or the president, he simply stated that he believes that Obama will use this earthquake to gain political points.

I sincerely believe he is right

And I believe that Limbaugh is rather transparently projecting his own twisted rationales onto the President. There is virtually nothing that the President has ever said or done with which Limbaugh has not found some ulterior motive.

And while Limbaugh's language drips with hatred and contempt for black people (and women for that matter-he told a woman that disagreed with his Haiti comments that she had tampons in her ears)-accusing the President of wanting to help Haiti just to burnish his credentials with "light skinned and dark skinned black people", "minorities in this country and around the world" is just bizarre.

Who thinks like that?

And it's also wrong on the facts. Not only are the President's before earthquake poll numbers about as high as ever among Black Americans, ANY President of the US would be arranging to send aid/relief to Haiti. There's nothing sinister or self-serving about it. It's just what people do in times of crisis.

What people don't generally do is try to turn something into a political/racial football while there are unknown dead and many more lives still at risk.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.