Originally Posted By: klydon1
My son needed help with his homework in Algebra II. I told him I did pretty well in that class, but when I looked at his books and the assignment, nothing looked remotely familiar. I had to walk away with a stupid look on my face.

Don't feel bad Kly. Both my girls had Algebra in Middle school. I NEVER had to take Algebra in high school AND in Business School I had to take only accounting and business math classes. So, I know NOTHING about Algebra. Mom's help with any math homework was out of the question way back when. ohwell

That being said, I am so glad,because I find it so extremely complicated and USELESS. Neither of my kids have ever had any use for it either after being forced to take it.

I've seen kids in middle school who can't add or subtract. The last thing they need is Algebra. But then that's my opinion.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon