Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Oli,

You work at much higher level of education in your job, than I when I worked at the Middle School, but I can relate to an extent. I remember being amazed at some of the words students would ask "how to spell". frown It is truly truly sad.

There were many mornings during our daily "Pledge Allegiance" when I'd watch students who were in the office stand and "attempt" to say the pledge without really knowing the words. My kindergarten grand daughter knows the pledge.

I blame the whole system. These people will be running things and they are so lacking in basic education. I don't know, maybe it's just CA, or maybe just my school, but it's frightening that's for sure.

TIS

Wasn't it Babe who posted that her niece, a teacher, didn't know on which coast NY was located? We have had many who are the ignorant teaching the ignorant since when? - probably the 70s at least. Have you noticed that some Board members will post "there" when they mean (I suppose) "their"? The beat goes on - although it keeps getting louder.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."