Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I live by the San Andreas fault. If I'm not mistaken that goes right to upper CA too no? But, I think you might be by another fault that I can't think of the name of.

San Andreas is the major fault in Cal. Like any fault it has the potential for a large quake, but from what I understand it's not quite as dangerous because it's so large and shifts more often giving us constant small quakes, relieving the pressure that builds up. Some of the smaller fault lines are the scary ones, like the Hayward fault (I mentioned it earlier in this thread) which I live directly on top of. There hasn't been much activity on that fault so scientists say it has a higher chance of a large earthquake than most other faults. It runs through the center of most East Bay cities and one of the major hiways runs along the "valley" it has created over however many hundreds of years.

I love earthquakes. It gives me a great adrenaline rush and it's so unreal feeling (the freaking earth moving!) that I get excited. I do think about it from time to time though when I'm in a tall building or driving across the major bridges every day. Can be scary.

I prefer the unexpectedness of it over a predictable hurricane that will almost definitely do damage. Earthquakes rarely do.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes