GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,587
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 59 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: pizzaboy] #564087
01/06/10 12:18 PM
01/06/10 12:18 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Yes it was in very poor taste. I agree.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #564089
01/06/10 12:40 PM
01/06/10 12:40 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Remember that these kids were all of 7 when the attacks occurred. They probably don't have the same sensitivity that an adult would.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564091
01/06/10 12:41 PM
01/06/10 12:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I guess that's true, Babe.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: pizzaboy] #564129
01/06/10 08:01 PM
01/06/10 08:01 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
“I was foolish to do it and I’m very sorry,” said Wadhah Almadhagi, one of the students behind the sweatshirts. “I can promise that as long as I'm in Edsel Ford I'll do my best to ensure something like this, as foolish and naive as this, will never happen again.”

Another student told Local 4 the design was made out of frustration over some media portrayals of Arab-Americans in the wake of the Christmas day terror attack.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22146212/detail.html

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #564502
01/10/10 09:58 AM
01/10/10 09:58 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
The state of NJ is going to contract-out the clean up of toxic sites. There are 20,000 identified in NJ; anything from a oil tank in your backyard to major chemical plants. An infamous one down in South Jersey is called Kiddie Kollege - a pre-school facility. It was housed in an old mercury thermometer plant! Yes, toxic fumes still existed. Of course it was shut down.

But back to the biz-i-ness. Can't you see Tony Soprano getting into this type of "clean up" business?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #564506
01/10/10 10:45 AM
01/10/10 10:45 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
My personal favorite clean up site was right along the Hudson in an old gorgeous house. The former owners were in the battery biz. The husband used to bury lots of batteries in the backyard! The whole property was contaminated.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564523
01/10/10 01:33 PM
01/10/10 01:33 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
My personal favorite clean up site was right along the Hudson in an old gorgeous house. The former owners were in the battery biz. The husband used to bury lots of batteries in the backyard! The whole property was contaminated.

And don't forget the Palisades Mall is built on a "superfund" landfill. There was also a business on Rt 303 that used to dump on that site. I forget the type of business, but it was some nasty carcinogen.....like battery acid sick

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #564609
01/11/10 01:48 PM
01/11/10 01:48 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Recently abot 25 minutes away from my home, a boyfriend and girlfriend broke into a beer store to steal money and a few cases of beer. A 19 year old employee, who lived nearby saw the flashlight in the store after midnight, grabbed his gun, and went to see what was going on. When the worker turned on the lights, the male burglar rushed at him waving a hammer whereupon the worker unloaded two rounds into the man's chest, killing him immediately. It was all captured on video surveillance.

The female had fled out the rear door, but the worker identified the car, and police apprehended her. The police reviewed the tape and the DA determined that the killing was justified as an act of self-defense.

Now for the law school question:

What happens to the female conspirator?

She gets charged with burglary, conspiracy and......murder. Yes, by participating in a felony, the commission of which results in a death (even if it was a co-conspirator), she gets tagged with a felony murder charge, second degree murder, the penalty for which is life in prison. And she didn't even get a dime or a beer out of the whole thing.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #564610
01/11/10 01:50 PM
01/11/10 01:50 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Recently abot 25 minutes away from my home, a boyfriend and girlfriend broke into a beer store to steal money and a few cases of beer. A 19 year old employee, who lived nearby saw the flashlight in the store after midnight, grabbed his gun, and went to see what was going on. When the worker turned on the lights, the male burglar rushed at him waving a hammer whereupon the worker unloaded two rounds into the man's chest, killing him immediately. It was all captured on video surveillance.

The female had fled out the rear door, but the worker identified the car, and police apprehended her. The police reviewed the tape and the DA determined that the killing was justified as an act of self-defense.

Now for the law school question:

She gets charged with burglary, conspiracy and......murder. Yes, by participating in a felony, the commission of which results in a death (even if it was a co-conspirator), she gets tagged with a felony murder charge, second degree murder, the penalty for which is life in prison. And she didn't even get a dime or a beer out of the whole thing.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.. ohwell

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #564643
01/11/10 07:38 PM
01/11/10 07:38 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Look at Charles Manson. He ordered the massacre in the Sharon Tate murders. Yet he didn't actually do the killing himself. Still, he got convicted of the murders. I know he murdered the LaBiancas and assume his sentence included that murder (I don't remember). He originally received the death penalty I believe but it was discontinued so he's serving life. One weird and scary guy. eek

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #564647
01/11/10 08:21 PM
01/11/10 08:21 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Boo F'n hoo. Don't expect me to feel sorry for her stupidity.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Mignon] #564686
01/12/10 11:33 AM
01/12/10 11:33 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Mignon

Not at all. It's the risk you run.

Here's another scenario. The person, who is the getaway driver in a robbery attempt is fleeing from the scene, at which time a drunk driver, passed out behind the wheel, runs a red light and smashes into the getaway car, killing himself.

The getaway driver may then be charged with felony murder.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #564719
01/12/10 03:45 PM
01/12/10 03:45 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Check out this link about a 104 year old former "strongman" who was hit by a car, killing him.

What a way to go, considering his age and (good) physical condition.

104 YEAR OLD STRONGMAN KILLED IN ACCIDENT - click here

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #564720
01/12/10 03:47 PM
01/12/10 03:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Mignon

Not at all. It's the risk you run.

Here's another scenario. The person, who is the getaway driver in a robbery attempt is fleeing from the scene, at which time a drunk driver, passed out behind the wheel, runs a red light and smashes into the getaway car, killing himself.

The getaway driver may then be charged with felony murder.

Such twists and turns in the law fully illustrate why when accused of a crime one definitely needs a lawyer despite any protestations of innocence.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #564722
01/12/10 03:51 PM
01/12/10 03:51 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wow, what a story. He sure doesn't look 104. We should all be that healthy for that long.

You know it's amazing, you live to be 104, basically healthy, and who'd think you'd die by getting hit by a car. eek Who knows, if that hadn't happened, he may have lived another 8 - 10 years. smile Do you know the bit part he had in "Waterfront" SC?
Gee, and he knew Mario Lanza, my dad's favorite singer. How cool.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/12/10 03:52 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #564745
01/12/10 05:31 PM
01/12/10 05:31 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Don't know the bit part in the movie, TIS. He was probably one of the dock-workers.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #564828
01/13/10 11:08 AM
01/13/10 11:08 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Yesterday there were closing arguments in the restitution hearing for the former Mayor of Detroit, Kilpatrick. He stopped stopped paying the agreed upon restitution on time ($6K/mth), claiming that his income had changed. Of course the County Prosecutor did not see it that way and thus began a very bitter and heated, yet thoroughly entertaining restitution hearing. It was revealed that Kilpatrick had received a $240K "loan" from Detroit Area businessmen, including the owner of the company at which he currently works, a $50K gift from the owner of the Ambassador Bridge (who is working with the Mayor's mother -the local congresswoman- to prevent a competing bridge from being established. It also came out that despite at one point claiming to only having $6 left in his accounts at the end of the month, Kilpatrick was spending thousands of dollars on tithes, plastic surgery for his wife and was even having other people pay his restitution. He's also under FBI investigation.

So now in addition to asking for an order for Kilpatrick to pay up, the prosecutor is also asking for a finding of probation violation.
Probation Violation Claim

There was one argument that Kilpatrick's attorneys made which was both simple and quite audacious. They pointed out that the order of restitution ordered Kilpatrick to pay $6K/mth and that (according to them) after 6 mths the restitution amt shall be adjusted to reflect 30% of his gross income.

The Court Order didn't say WHO should do the adjustment so Kilpatrick took it upon himself to adjust his restitution amount because as he earnestly claimed on the stand, he was eager to obey the Court's mandatory order.

Here's a question for any legal minds. Do the attorneys have a point? Is the order sufficiently vague enough to allow the probationer to make adjustments without first checking with the Court and/or State? The judge who will rule on this is the same judge who issued the original order.

Court Order

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #564844
01/13/10 11:58 AM
01/13/10 11:58 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: SC
Check out this link about a 104 year old former "strongman" who was hit by a car, killing him.

What a guy. He was certainly a marvel.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #564913
01/13/10 05:56 PM
01/13/10 05:56 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

What a guy. He was certainly a marvel.

i guess he had a page on wikipedia...don't know if it was made before or after his death though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Rollino

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: BAM_233] #564929
01/13/10 09:53 PM
01/13/10 09:53 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Here's another goodie from my hometown, The Land of the Stupid Criminals:

Cops arrested a 49=year-old man who robbed a convenience store of a can of beer and some cookes at knifepoint, made the clerk lie on the floor, kicked him--and then left in a taxi that he had waiting for him. tongue Cops traced him through the cabdriver and arrested him in minutes. The guy claimed he was doing it as an initiation into an outlaw biker gang.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #564933
01/13/10 10:08 PM
01/13/10 10:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Do you know the bit part he had in "Waterfront" SC?
TIS

According to one of the articles written about him.....

"He was also a longshoreman and decorated World War II veteran whose scene in the Marlon Brando film “On the Waterfront” was left on the cutting room floor."

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #564937
01/13/10 10:45 PM
01/13/10 10:45 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Cops arrested a 49=year-old man who robbed a convenience store of a can of beer and some cookes at knifepoint, made the clerk lie on the floor, kicked him--and then left in a taxi that he had waiting for him. tongue Cops traced him through the cabdriver and arrested him in minutes. The guy claimed he was doing it as an initiation into an outlaw biker gang.

he was trying to get in a biker gang, but used a taxi...what a dumbass lol

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: BAM_233] #564948
01/14/10 08:50 AM
01/14/10 08:50 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The story of Haiti is really hitting home. I spoke to my friend who said that they've heard from two cousins. They are homeless, but alive. One was buried under the rubble, but was rescued without major injury. They don't know anything about anyone else yet.

One of the newly-elected local mayors is Haitian. Her husband was in Haiti at the time of the earthquake and is still missing.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564950
01/14/10 09:01 AM
01/14/10 09:01 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
One of the newly-elected local mayors is Haitian. Her husband was in Haiti at the time of the earthquake and is still missing.

I saw her on the news last night.

I can't even IMAGINE what these people are going through ~ not even knowing if your loved ones are dead or alive.

I want to see our government respond quickly and efficiently and in force NOW. I don't wanna see just one aircraft carrier and a few minor ships be dispatched. Send a fleet! Send the SeaBees. Send a few hundred bulldozers and doctors and MASH units.

More importantly, send them NOW!! Every hour they delay people are dying. They need to dig out the bodies NOW.

The richest, most powerful country in the world can't do this for a poor country only a few hundred miles from its shores?? confused

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #564951
01/14/10 09:08 AM
01/14/10 09:08 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The richest, most powerful country in the world can't do this for a poor country only a few hundred miles from its shores?? confused

I have one word for you - Katrina. Hopefully some good came from our horrible response to the people of New Orleans, and we are able to muster the necessary help more efficiently for Haiti.

The news this morning said that the death toll will surely be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564952
01/14/10 09:11 AM
01/14/10 09:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I have one word for you - Katrina. Hopefully some good came from our horrible response to the people of New Orleans, and we are able to muster the necessary help more efficiently for Haiti.

The news this morning said that the death toll will surely be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands.

It doesn't look like we learned a hell of a lot! mad

Sadly, the death toll MAY be more that the tens of thousands.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #564960
01/14/10 11:00 AM
01/14/10 11:00 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Sadly, the death toll MAY be more that the tens of thousands.

Tens?

This is horrific. They're claiming 500,000 or more people may be dead.

There are a bunch of Haitian gamblers who frequent the OTB on 241st Street here in the Bronx. I almost never go to that one because it's way on the other side of town from me. But I stopped in yesterday afternoon because I was driving by and there was a horse that I liked at Aqueduct (of course she lost ohwell ). Anyway, this is normally a very loud, very friendly, very demonstrative group of people. Yesterday, these middle aged and even old men were openly weeping. It was heartbreaking to see.

I know that Jersey has a very large Haitian population, as does Brooklyn and the Wakefield section of the Bronx. So this hits very close to home for a lot of people in this area. It's very, very sad.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #564988
01/14/10 12:43 PM
01/14/10 12:43 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

lol lol

I hope he got enough money from the robbery to pay the cab fare and leave a suitable tip.

I had heard of a robber first asking a clerk if he had change for a twenty. The clerk took the bill whereupon he was held up at gunpoint, opened the register, and handed the dolt the twelve dollars that was in the till. The robber couldn't figure out why he was charged with a felony and going to jail for five years when the store owed him $8.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #565157
01/16/10 09:37 AM
01/16/10 09:37 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Within hours, three die in getaway crash, guard killed trying to detain suspects in separate thefts
George Hunter and Mike Martindale / The Detroit News

Waterford Township -- Greg Paul Wainio had only been on the job as a Kmart loss prevention officer for about three weeks before his final shift ended in tragedy.

The 36-year-old Wainio, a Gaines, Mich., resident and father of 8-year-old twin boys and five stepchildren, was dragged to his death Thursday by two suspected shoplifters. They were charged Friday in Wainio's death.

Shoplifting Turns Deadly

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #565630
01/20/10 08:47 PM
01/20/10 08:47 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Does anyone have $319,000 that they can loan out to the former Mayor of Detroit? He's good for it...
Judge orders payment

Winter is Coming

Page 17 of 59 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull