Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Blib, given your age (around 30, right?), it must be really tough seeing Bonds (a probable childhood hero) fall from grace. I guess if the Giants had actually won a championship during you your lifetime the blow would be softened a bit, right?

Quite the opposite. I never liked Bonds, but I respected him as a player. I've defended him in the past because people go so overboard ripping him, but that's because I saw him on a daily basis as opposed to just the most outrageous moments on national television. And I'm glad the Giants didn't win a championship while he was here because it would seem tainted now.

Me being a Giants fan has nothing to do with saying Bonds should be in the HoF. I'm saying he was by far the best of the era, as was Clemens. I never liked Clemens either. I'm saying they deserve to be there based on performance, not personality or what teams they played for. I know the numbers were inflated because of steroids, but I believe you have to compare the individual to the players of their era, not to the entire history of baseball.

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 01/12/10 12:45 PM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes